Young Spoonbill in the Marsh

First shot of 2020, Merritt Island, FL in a secret spot where I've never seen another photographer...just a few poachers and drug dealers. I'm interested in thoughts about the "portrait" crop, rare for me in bird photos, but here I wanted to include the tops of the palm trees.
1743d.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I agree the portrait mode is not common in bird photography. But sometimes it works. Like here.
Really nice first shot of 2020.
I must confess my first shot of 2020 was the inside of a lens cap. You are off to a much better start for the year than I.
Gary

Bobby - I really like this crop and think it is a great environmental crop. I'm looking at it while at work (not the best monitor) and I do have one small nit. To me it looks like the focus was locked a little towards the back of the bird and the grass there, as opposed to directly on the eye. Of course, it may just be my old eyes or this cheap monitor. Still the bird is certainly sharp enough, and this is a really nice shot.

Bobby - I really like this crop and think it is a great environmental crop. I'm looking at it while at work (not the best monitor) and I do have one small nit. To me it looks like the focus was locked a little towards the back of the bird and the grass there, as opposed to directly on the eye. Of course, it may just be my old eyes or this cheap monitor. Still the bird is certainly sharp enough, and this is a really nice shot.
Could very well be, since the bird was pretty far away.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom