1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Young String Players

Discussion in 'People' started by fdevyatkin, Sep 28, 2008.

1. No one likes these?
    Fred

2. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    I do, but I generally don't post that I do because I am so new, so it doesn't mean much. LOL

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    FDE...

I think the composition is ok...candids are wonderful...but try and get some images where your subject is actually looking at you. Perhaps a series of sorts - one where he's looking down, another one where he is looking at the camera, another one where you take only their fingers playing the violin...something in a series type. While these are well focused images - people love to see a story as well. I fail to do that a number of times.

I think these are wonderful. I love to see children play instruments.

4. Thanks John.
    Fred

5. Thanks.
    I actually admonish the kids not to look at me because I want them to concentrate on their playing. I do have some portraits when they're not in action.
    Fred

6. I take a lot of pictures of kids playing instruments, I prefer them not looking at me, too.

I like the first picture except that I would frame it a little to the right so as to include the scroll of the violin. As of now, there is an empty space on the left side.

For the second picture, I would offset her face a little to the right while still keeping the scroll visible. In other words, include a little more of the left side.

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

7. Thank you!
    Those are good suggestions.
    Fred

8. Ah, great photos!!

I'm buying my first violin soon, in an attempt to self learn, people have just laughed at me so far!

9. Hi Al,
    One of my best friends is auditioning (two week on the job try out) for concertmaster of the symphony in Vancouver. He shoots pics with a Canon, but he sure can play a fiddle. I'll keep you posted. His name is Tamas.
    Fred

10. Thanks Phil!
    Take some lessons. You'll progress faster.
    Fred

11. I've always enjoyed music and can play Piano and Guitar, and it's not something I am learning to just become good at. It's something for me to do, to enjoy learning in my spare time. So I am under no illusions about becoming fantastic in a few months.

Although I may take a couple of lessons to learn the basic technique, then have fun trying and learning.

Well, that's the plan anyway!

Have you heard of a company called Stentor?

12. I have not Phil.
    If you have a local symphony, the string players can probably point you in the right direction.
    Good luck, Fred

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.