Your Age By Restaurant Math

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigPixel, Apr 17, 2007.

1. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

YOUR AGE BY RESTAURANT MATH

This is pretty neat.

It takes less than a minute .
    Work this out as you read ...

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to go out to eat.
    (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50

5. If you've already had your birthday this year, add 1757 .
    If you haven't, add 1756.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should now have a three digit number

The first digit of this was your original number( I.E., how many times you want to go to a restaurant a week.)

The next two numbers are......

YOUR AGE!

Weird, eh??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  2. Fun stuff...now how the heck does that work???? and more importantly, who sat down and took the time to figure it out? (how can you not like math?)

3. ...and I thought nobody could find out :confused:

4. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cool !!

5. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

It is weird isn't it??!? I'm 60, eat out 2 times a week. Damned if it didn't work with my birth year....came up with 260.

6. Sure is, cool.:smile:

7. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    a=times to eat out
    b=year you were born

((a x 2) + 5) x 50 + 1757 - b = (a x 100) + (2007 - b)

multiply the left side out and you'll see that it simply equals the right side. the number of times to go out to eat is just a distraction for the simple math to calculate the difference of your birthdate and 2007, aka your age :smile:

note that it won't work for 2008 or any other year, you'll have to change 1757/6 appropriately.

ricky

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  8. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

Ricky - That's WAY to far over my head (your explaination) - I am not sure I even understand what you just said... :)

Brad G..
    OKC/OKLA

9. Ok, I think someone who responded (Ricky!) has memorized all the focal charts too! :wink:

10. This is a variation of one I learned as a kid "pick a number between 1 and 10" it all comes down to a fixed number on one side i.e. year, day of the mo. etc. and a reciprocal on the other, so if the current mo. has 30 days and its the third day of the month have them add 27.
    Don't remember it all I guess all the Beers in won me in school killed too many brain cells.
    The other one that got me more then a few free drinks was:
    Bet some one you can drink six beers before the other person can drink 1 shot. The only rules:
    1 You get a 1 beer head start
    2 You can't touch the others glass or glasses.
    Win every time 8^)
    May be old hat by now but it worked 30+ years ago.
    Rich

11. Algebra...it's a wonderful thing...

Cool, Mike. I had not seen that one before.

12. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I just pass em along. I'd really like to hear Rich & Pat's description about the 6 beers vrs 1 shot though....I've seen it but can't remember how it goes.

13. RexRoy

RexRoy

Jan 4, 2006
    New York
    geek alert! :biggrin: :wink: :rolleyes:

14. It's the one beer head start. Drink you beer turn your glass upside down and cover his shot glass.
    He can't touch your glass so can not get to the shot. Drink the rest of the beers at you leasure :cool:
    Of course you have to pick your target and it helped when your 6'4" and 235 lbs.
    Rich

15. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

That's it. Thanks

16. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    LOL, the only problem with this is that it assumes that you want to eat out at least 2x per week.

James

17. Pretty cool. All I know is that I'm 357 years old in dog years, and sometimes feel like it.