Your Black Friday Items

I don't remember ever having any wants or needs at the time of Black Friday sales until this year when I have several items on my wish list. I've even postponed the purchase of several items hoping to get a better Black Friday price.

Let us know what you've bought or hope to buy at Black Friday prices.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I bought two 5 TB portable external drives (not SSD) to be used for backup purposes. The storage capacity of my 2 TB drives became too small a couple months ago.
Hi Mike,
how fast is your new drive?
I'm always surprised how fast my D6 is via USB-C...

Kind regards
Klaus

I suspect that people aren't really getting the great bargains they think they are.....
The two backup drives I bought at Black Friday pricing are less costly than if I had purchased them earlier. Some resellers are offering the same drives at their regular pricing that is 25% higher than my purchase price. Nothing artificial about that.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The two backup drives I bought at Black Friday pricing are less costly than if I had purchased them earlier. Some resellers are offering the same drives at their regular pricing that is 25% higher than my purchase price. Nothing artificial about that.
Agreed. I try to be thoughtful when purchasing items. I don't mind exercising patience when there is not an immediate need. Most of my purchases are timed to take advantage of sales pricing. There is very little that I have to purchase immediately. In fact today, I received an offer to purchase RV park reservations at 30% off the regular rates. I just saved $500 on lenses - free shipping and no tax, too.

F64

Real Name
Greg
I don't remember ever having any wants or needs at the time of Black Friday sales until this year when I have several items on my wish list. I've even postponed the purchase of several items hoping to get a better Black Friday price.

Let us know what you've bought or hope to buy at Black Friday prices.
Just took advantage of a 15% Black Friday discount on the Viltrox website and ordered a 33mm f1.4 AF lens for my Z50. Came to $251 (free shipping too).

Fine.....but if you actually needed them a while ago it might have made sense to have bought them at that time, too, even if you did have to pay more.

I didn't need them awhile ago, which is why I made a point of putting off the purchase with the hope of getting a lower price. My post made no mention of needing the backup drives awhile ago, so there is no reason whatsoever for you to suggest that I might have been in need of them as opposed to wanting them.

More important, let's keep our eye on the ball. Whether or not I needed the drives awhile ago is irrelevant to the contention that you applied with a very wide stroke of the brush that Black Friday pricing is the result of "artificially pumped-up and over-hyped 'sales.'" You allowed absolutely no room in your post for the possibility that some Black Friday pricing generates real cost savings to consumers. That comment is a disservice to the people living on a relatively modest or restrictive budget and to the others who aren't but choose to make their currency go as far as possible within reason.

Lastly, this thread is about the purchases people made or hope to make while taking advantage of Black Friday pricing. Note that neither of your two posts has anything in the slightest to do with this thread. Please keep that in mind when deciding whether to post here again. Thank you in advance for taking that into consideration.

Last edited:
My 15-year-old Norelco electric shaver has become unreliable. Target was pushing a $40 one for $30 but my wife saw that the Bed, Bath, and Beyond ad in yesterday's paper showed it for $20. It's on the way, free shipping.

Walmart still shows $60 for the same shaver.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom