Your choice?

Discussion in 'People' started by dtbh, Jul 4, 2007.

1. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I have been at the sideline photograhically-speaking lately with nothing much to shoot. Did a bit of travelling instead and did some newbie photojournalistic work (or should I say fun?) in the process. As such had some time to go back thro' my old files to see what I can come out with.

Here are 2 old photos revisited with one new. I can't decide which I like best as they all have their own merits and bad points. Tell me your choice? Thanks in advance!

All taken with Nikon 28-70mm/2.8 in available light.
    701532266_de5427b7c9_o.

701539424_585554222f_o.

#3 This is new.
    [​IMG]

2. Hey Banhup. I like the third the best, as I can see her eyes a little better. Very strong image. The pp serves it well.

3. Banhup, good to see your posts again...missed them.

I like #1 and #3 the best, but to me, they portray a different feeling. #1 is a classic portrait of a content older woman. In #3 you get the sense that she is begging...so I'm not sure what the reality was or what you intended.

They are all stunning and spectacular...I love them all. The post processing is superb, and the captures are tremendous...excellent work!!

4. Scotty_R

Scotty_R

Jan 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Of the three, I like number 2 the best. In tight shots like this I am distracted by foreground OOF elements--the hands in number 1 really distract and make it difficult to view the image for any length of time. The hands in number 3 spoil an otherwise wonderful photograph for the very same reason. The hands aren't nearly as distracting in number 2 because they're more in focus, but they don't really add anything to the image either. The age in the woman's face tells the whole story...the hands just get in the way.

5. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Roy!

Thanks John and Scotty for your valued comments. These images was taken just before Mdm Wee's 90th birthday. I asked her what she wanted for her special day and all she wanted was a prayer. That was when I took these.

John, I have not been around of late. The withdrawal symptoms for not logging on was really tough but I managed to get over it. :biggrin:

Scotty, the OOF hands is bugging me too. Human error on my part for shooting too wide open. :redface:

6. #2 and #3 are my favorites as she has a more relaxed look. Her face in #1 has a pinched look to it. Well done Banhup and it is nice to see you posting.

7. I like #2 best, It feels as if her sideways glance is directed towards something "not of this world".

8. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    I like #1 because the focus of the viewer is on her face and not on her hands. Honestly though they are all good.

9. Hey Banhup, it's been a while...glad to see you posting again. While these are all beautiful images, #2 does it for me!! I like that her hands are in focus. The OOF hands in 1 & 3 are somewhat distracting to me.

10. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Beautiful work Banhup.

My favorite would be #2, with #3 being my second preference.

Regards,

11. I love all three. #2 is my favorite with #3 a close second.

12. i like 1 and 2 but probably 2 better

13. #3 witout doubt, eye contact!

Great shot!

14. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Gordon! Yes, it is good to be back.

Thanks Michael! Nice of you to take the time to share your thoughts.

Thanks so much Mike! That was my thoughts exactly when I first viewed #1.

It has been a long while indeed Keith! Thanks for your input as usual.

Thanks a lot Tom! Your thoughts is always appreciated.

Thanks Anthony! Your prefernce has been added to the tally.

Thanks so much Laura! BTW allow me to say that you are awesome both as a model and as an artistic photography.

Thanks a lot Paul for taking the time to view these images and sharing your valued comments. Much appreciated.