Your daily dose of Avian Today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Another great set of photos Eric. Love that owl.

2. Thanks James..

You know I used to live up there in Kirkland, WA and worked at the Fred Hutch...

3. Nice series love the owl the most

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots. Gotta love owls. They just look so mysterious. Not something we see often.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bored?? You gotta be kidding. :rolleyes:

Excellent series Eric. :smile:

6. Thanks Gale, Marc and Frank.. Well figured since I am what I:biggrin: seem to be a prolific poster lately.. :eek: Thought you might get bored with all these birds already...

BTW. I am taking off half the day today to go try out my 200-400VR I got on Monday..

THink I will go shoot some Mandarins and Wood Ducks from a local place around here...

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow 200-400 VR

You lucky duck

Enjoy !!!!!!!

I look foward to your images.

8. Yep, Gale after I got it I wanted to go somewhere and just shoot a few images of something.. Right here at UCLA there is a small botanical garden, but they only have squirrels, and some red eared sliders turtles... Nothing else I can find...

I even sold off my 300/f4 NON-AF-S version as of today via ebay....

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Eric, you dog....:wink:

I really want one of those. :rolleyes:

10. Burrowing Owls are such cute little guys and you have caught a good one. Nice series of shots Eric.

11. Yep, I just broke down and got it.. I also sold my 300/f4 non AF-S lens as of today on Ebay.. decent price...

12. Hey Gordon.. Thanks
    When I go back to Phoenix I will go over and shoot these little guys again... They are about 2 miles from my parents house in Phoenix...

13. I agree. The owl is the best a very nice set of photos. I look forward to seeing what you can do with the 200-400.

14. The owl estan mi favorito.

The 200-400 first shots will be cool to see!

15. Thanks Muril, and Brett...

I should have a few images from today via the 200-400.. Not the best shots though.. Did not have enough light. The Wood Duck and mandarin Place here is in very bad light in the afternoons.. i.e. no direct light but bunch of reflected light for a short time...
    I think canyon is no good for photos now..

BTW there were no Mandarins in the pond today...