Your Favorite Photographers

Hello all! I'd imagine this idea would have already been talked about, but I couldn't find any threads where you identify your favorite photographers.

So, with that said, which photographers inspire you? Who's work do you just love? Why do you like it so much?

I really love Ansel Adams, but I don't know anybody else to look up to for their examples. I'd love to hear about your favorites!

I have two favorite photographers, these two gentlemen always seem to find the best vantage points to shoot from which places their images far above what most others are getting. From the Nikon Cafe....Mike Mac and from Sportsshooter.com....Mark Rebilas. As the commercial states....I wanna be like Mike/Mark!

B

Bright Angel

My favourite Photographer is RFCGRAPHICS
AKA The Prince of Pano, The Sultan of Stitching :smile:

He's just one member of the Holy Trinity of NYC Photographers.
The other's being leungphotography and DezM :smile:

Good question. I haven't really studied any photographers so my favorite would be a friend and professional landscape shooter, Tomas Kaspar, who inspired me to get off my you know what... get out there, take a few chances and get some pictures.

Norbert Rosing, Joel Sartore, Bradford Washburn and Gordon Wiltsie come to mind.

Sean
Hi Sean,

Gordon Wiltsie lives near you, do you know him? Nan & I spent almost 3 weeks shooting with him in Antarctica in 2003. He was very interesting and lots of fun to be with.

Bob & Nan

Hi Sean,

Gordon Wiltsie lives near you, do you know him? Nan & I spent almost 3 weeks shooting with him in Antarctica in 2003. He was very interesting and lots of fun to be with.

Bob & Nan
Yup, I sure do Bob! Gordon does a lot of work with my wife's dept. on campus - his NG story about Mongolia documented their work over there. He has climbed some serious stuff - the stuff I love the most is all the big wall climbing he's shot with the late Alex Lowe and Conrad Anker, also from Bozeman. I have a hard time thinking about anything other than the climbing while on the rock, and Gordon does all that plus shoots such beautiful frames at the same time.

Sean

bendheim who is a memebr here at NikonCafe has posted some great images and is one of my current favorites.

I like Ansel Adams as well. Spalding12 from the Cafe is another favorite because of the love that exudes in his photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom