1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Your Favorite Photographers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adr3naline, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Hello all! I'd imagine this idea would have already been talked about, but I couldn't find any threads where you identify your favorite photographers.

So, with that said, which photographers inspire you? Who's work do you just love? Why do you like it so much?

I really love Ansel Adams, but I don't know anybody else to look up to for their examples. I'd love to hear about your favorites!

2. jmmtn4aj

jmmtn4aj

Apr 12, 2007
    Singapore
    James Nachtwey and other similar war photographers :) 

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have two favorite photographers, these two gentlemen always seem to find the best vantage points to shoot from which places their images far above what most others are getting. From the Nikon Cafe....Mike Mac and from Sportsshooter.com....Mark Rebilas. As the commercial states....I wanna be like Mike/Mark!

4. Norbert Rosing, Joel Sartore, Bradford Washburn and Gordon Wiltsie come to mind.

Sean

5. Richard Avedon.

6. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

My favourite Photographer is RFCGRAPHICS
    AKA The Prince of Pano, The Sultan of Stitching :smile:

He's just one member of the Holy Trinity of NYC Photographers.
    The other's being leungphotography and DezM :smile:

7. Good question. I haven't really studied any photographers so my favorite would be a friend and professional landscape shooter, Tomas Kaspar, who inspired me to get off my you know what... get out there, take a few chances and get some pictures.

8. TomD.

TomD.

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, Texas
    For color, Jay Masiel, Ernst Haas, Authur Meyerson, Stephen Wilkes
    Overall: Sam Abell

9. Hi Sean,

Gordon Wiltsie lives near you, do you know him? Nan & I spent almost 3 weeks shooting with him in Antarctica in 2003. He was very interesting and lots of fun to be with.

Bob & Nan

10. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Sammy Davis, Jr.

11. Off the top of my head...
    John Shaw
    Thomas G. Mangelson
    Clyde Butcher

I'll give it some more thought

12. Yup, I sure do Bob! Gordon does a lot of work with my wife's dept. on campus - his NG story about Mongolia documented their work over there. He has climbed some serious stuff - the stuff I love the most is all the big wall climbing he's shot with the late Alex Lowe and Conrad Anker, also from Bozeman. I have a hard time thinking about anything other than the climbing while on the rock, and Gordon does all that plus shoots such beautiful frames at the same time.

Sean

13. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
  14. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    bendheim who is a memebr here at NikonCafe has posted some great images and is one of my current favorites.

15. Diane Arbus.

16. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I like Ansel Adams as well. Spalding12 from the Cafe is another favorite because of the love that exudes in his photos.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  17. sagar

sagar

Jun 29, 2008
    USA
  18. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    I like Clyde Butcher

Met him a few times down here. Cool guy too.

19. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.