Your Favorite Photographers

From a UK perspective -

Reportage - Don McCullin, Bill Brandt, Cartier Bresson
Sport - Eamonn McCabe, Chris Smith
Fashion - Avedon, Donovan
Portraiture - Jane Bown, Arnold Newman

Just realised I must really be showing my age!

sconti

I’ve been following the work of a young German photographer Florian Schulz (of “Yellowstone to Yukon: Freedom to Roam: A photographic journey” fame). Florian won awards in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition and in the Nature’s Best International Photography Awards. Florian has dedicated most of the last decade to photographing the Yellowstone to Yukon (Y2Y) expanse and inspiring support for its preservation.

Others I like include:
Tom Mangelsen
Patricio Robales Gil
Theo Alofs
Art Wolfe

I’ve been following the work of a young German photographer Florian Schulz (of “Yellowstone to Yukon: Freedom to Roam: A photographic journey” fame). Florian won awards in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition and in the Nature’s Best International Photography Awards. Florian has dedicated most of the last decade to photographing the Yellowstone to Yukon (Y2Y) expanse and inspiring support for its preservation.
Nick,

You should head to Bozeman the next time Florian is here - he's done 2 slideshows in the last year - signed my copy too. Nice guy to chat with.

Sean

I have been inspired by the works of Galen Rowell, a landscape photographer who died two years ago. I like his vivid colors, his composition and the writings that accompanied his photos.

Nick,

You should head to Bozeman the next time Florian is here - he's done 2 slideshows in the last year - signed my copy too. Nice guy to chat with.

Sean
Hi Sean,
I first met Florian about 5 years ago at the World Wilderness Congress/ILCP meeting in Anchorage. We then had him come over to Moscow for a slide show (and a beer or 2, and an autograph!) and we've stayed in touch ever since. I'd love to go out with him some day. One of my colleagues is the science manager of our wilderness field research station (Taylor Ranch) in the Franck Church-River of No Return Wilderness and Florian would love to go in there and shoot.

You're right-nice guy to chat with!

My favorite: Chris Johns, former Seattle Times colleague, now editor of National Geographic. Chris' African photography is breathtaking.

In no particular order...

Richard Avedon
Arnold Newman
W. Eugene Smith
Helmut Newton
Irving Penn
Francesco Scavullo

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom