YOUR Light Painting Shots

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by underitall, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Can we please see some of YOUR light painting shots, including glowing effects, and other random lighting. If youv never tried anything like this, it can ba alot of fun, so go out there and play with light, in many different ways, thanks, Tom.
    Heres 2 to start.
    A local quarry truck, out of focus, but ill use auto focus next time.
    [​IMG]
    And this was just random fun.
    [​IMG]

2. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    same principle

DSC_6043.gif

View attachment 238099

DSC_6050.jpg

Traditional lightpainting

My uniform, did this for one of the CS's. Who I am it was.
    View attachment 238101

Good friend of mine, Keith(hallkc here on the cafe).
    Soldier of the night
    DSC_6046.jpg

3. Theyre great Tim, thanks for sharing with us. Particularly like the first one, dark, but light, with dark and light, thanks.

4. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Glad you liked them. The first was a 30 second exposure with us both firing off our SB's with the flash button. Kinda like a SB shootout.

5. SB Shoot-out, sounds fun, iv just bought a really cheap EV Blitz, which im going to modify with a push button to trgger whenever I want, because I dont think its compatible with my camera, or can be triggered manually anyway.
    But either way, fun with light is easy, and...FUN!

6. great thread
    very nice
    can't wait to see more

7. All of these were taken before I bought my inexpensive strobes. All exposures are approximately thirty seconds.

This first one was lit with projector bulbs (Studio in a Box) and a flashlight to bring out areas that the lights couldn't illuminate enough, such as the bow string. The blue hightlight at the tip of the arrow was painted on by the TV, which was peeking around the backdrop. This was my first project with my D40x - two days after I got it.
    Sharp013copy.jpg
    Sharp​

Lit with a MiniMag flashlight, aimed through the side of the crystal tray. I was swinging the light side to side above the tray, and then I'd do the same from two angles at the bottom of the image. Which is how I got the light beams to cross. One of the coins doesn't belong.
    WorldTraveler017BnW2.jpg
    World Traveler​

The same tray, inverted and lit from the side with an ultraviolet rock-hound flashlight.
    BlueCrystal063copya.jpg
    Untitled​

8. hallkc

hallkc

Apr 1, 2008
    French Camp, CA
    Ah yes, I remember that night well... I refer to it as "my sendoff".

Here's my buddy Tim:
    _D310546-1.jpg

And one thousand Soldiers under one crazy commander...
    _D310544-1.jpg

We had a lot of fun that night, and I remember it fondly:)

9. My son Alex (in middle) playing Bass for Michigan band, Bringing Down Broadway

2750365576_4353c7b5af_o.jpg

10. Thanks guys, great shots here, keep them coming, cheers.