Your most important tool in Photography

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Boobie Joe, Aug 29, 2005.

1. This one:

original.

Beats every great camera anyways ... :)

D2X 100% crop 60mm micro

2. Yves,

I guess you don't have any problems with focusing. Good and clean image !

3. Freaky, but very cool!

4. There is sharp and then there is sharp. I don't even think my eye doctor gets this good a view. The only way to improve this shot would be with Visine. Well done.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Sheesh you have hairy tools:BigGrin:

7. Tres Bonne Yves!

But I think you forgot about the tool behind
    this one.

Salut,
    Robin :biggrin:

8. Holy Cow, Yves! What do you have here! Yup, looks like a true inspiration to me! Fantastic!

Virginia
    aka beucamera

9. Great image.

Now, in payment for causing me to waste half my afternoon trying to make a decent image my own eye, here is the old peeper staring back. About 70% zoom, D2X, 105 micro.

[​IMG]

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Mine is inside my skull;)

Just kidding Yves. Nice image, very sharp and great reflection.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Roberto.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Send that pic to an Iridologist!

My ex wife use to go to one regularly. She claims they can tell you what your state of health is through the reading of your Irises. I never actually bought into that theory.
    Very nicely done, was that shot illuminated by a giant 30x60 in softbox for the main, and a 48 in brolly bounced for fill? :wink:
    Here's a shot of Jesse's left eye, also taken with a Nikon 60 Micro, but with just 1 48 in Octabox used. :wink:
    [​IMG]

13. OK, I admit ...

I just wanted to show the light setup ... lol

Bad me ...

:Headset:

14. Boobie, Boobie, Boobala......don't you know you are supposed to look into the OTHER end??????? Golly, I'd think you'd know this by now :wink:

However, on the serious side, this is a great reminder to all of us of what really does make the difference.

Thanks,

15. I made such a shot too some months ago with my 60mm and D70 when i had a some vains broken in my eyes. And it was all red. I love the quality of the 60mm F/2.8 sometimes it feels if it is the sharpest lens i own. Do you feel the same about that Yves?

Great shot and sure the most important tool for photography. And nice flash with umbrella and nice softbox reflections.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

16. It seems to be true what your ex wife said about the health could be seen in the eyes. Also you can lead alot things from people's eyes. But about the photo very nice eye catching shot Steve!

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

17. With the VR AF-S G 200 2.0, the 60mm Micro is certainly one of Nikon's sharpest lens. Not in the same price range though ...

Other sharp lenses:

180mm 2.8
    28mm 1.4
    50mm 1.8 (that is a steal)
    85 1.4 and 1.8 (better Bokeh on the 1.4)
    70-200 VR

plenty other ...

18. The most important tool by the use would be the 17-55, I used it last weekend for a visit in a park and by the focal length i used I would say that the 28-70 would be even more usefut and appropriate in most situations.

19. nfoto

nfoto Guest

What's inside your mind is the only item of importance. No help with sharp eyes if your mindset doesn't encompass the visions.