Your most important tool in Photography

This one:

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beats every great camera anyways ... :)

D2X 100% crop 60mm micro

There is sharp and then there is sharp. I don't even think my eye doctor gets this good a view. The only way to improve this shot would be with Visine. Well done.

R

Robin Horlock

Tres Bonne Yves!

But I think you forgot about the tool behind
this one.

Salut,
Robin :biggrin:

Great image.

Now, in payment for causing me to waste half my afternoon trying to make a decent image my own eye, here is the old peeper staring back. About 70% zoom, D2X, 105 micro.

eye.jpg

Mine is inside my skull;)

Just kidding Yves. Nice image, very sharp and great reflection.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Roberto.

Send that pic to an Iridologist!

My ex wife use to go to one regularly. She claims they can tell you what your state of health is through the reading of your Irises. I never actually bought into that theory.
Very nicely done, was that shot illuminated by a giant 30x60 in softbox for the main, and a 48 in brolly bounced for fill? :wink:
Here's a shot of Jesse's left eye, also taken with a Nikon 60 Micro, but with just 1 48 in Octabox used. :wink:
Eyeball.jpg

Boobie Joe said:
This one:

Image Snipped

Beats every great camera anyways ... :)

D2X 100% crop 60mm micro

Boobie, Boobie, Boobala......don't you know you are supposed to look into the OTHER end??????? Golly, I'd think you'd know this by now :wink:

However, on the serious side, this is a great reminder to all of us of what really does make the difference.

Thanks,

I made such a shot too some months ago with my 60mm and D70 when i had a some vains broken in my eyes. And it was all red. I love the quality of the 60mm F/2.8 sometimes it feels if it is the sharpest lens i own. Do you feel the same about that Yves?

Great shot and sure the most important tool for photography. And nice flash with umbrella and nice softbox reflections.

Greetings,
VinceBeus

Steve S said:
My ex wife use to go to one regularly. She claims they can tell you what your state of health is through the reading of your Irises. I never actually bought into that theory.
Very nicely done, was that shot illuminated by a giant 30x60 in softbox for the main, and a 48 in brolly bounced for fill? :wink:
Here's a shot of Jesse's left eye, also taken with a Nikon 60 Micro, but with just 1 48 in Octabox used. :wink:
Eyeball.jpg

It seems to be true what your ex wife said about the health could be seen in the eyes. Also you can lead alot things from people's eyes. But about the photo very nice eye catching shot Steve!

Greetings,
VinceBeus

vincebeus said:
I made such a shot too some months ago with my 60mm and D70 when i had a some vains broken in my eyes. And it was all red. I love the quality of the 60mm F/2.8 sometimes it feels if it is the sharpest lens i own. Do you feel the same about that Yves?

Great shot and sure the most important tool for photography. And nice flash with umbrella and nice softbox reflections.

Greetings,
VinceBeus

With the VR AF-S G 200 2.0, the 60mm Micro is certainly one of Nikon's sharpest lens. Not in the same price range though ...

Other sharp lenses:

180mm 2.8
28mm 1.4
50mm 1.8 (that is a steal)
85 1.4 and 1.8 (better Bokeh on the 1.4)
70-200 VR

plenty other ...

The most important tool by the use would be the 17-55, I used it last weekend for a visit in a park and by the focal length i used I would say that the 28-70 would be even more usefut and appropriate in most situations.

N

nfoto

What's inside your mind is the only item of importance. No help with sharp eyes if your mindset doesn't encompass the visions.

Latest threads

Top Bottom