Your oldest digital camera?

Do either of you worry about heat hurting the car cameras?
This was the first summer that I left the D200 in the car all summer (South Texas sun even kills full-sun rated plant life you can buy at the plant store). No damage to the $75 camera, not detectable anyway. I did leave the spare battery in its charger and it would discharge 30% / month. Moved it to the plastic protector it came with.

Pictures are fine even when the camera itself is at 100 deg F. I keep everything in a backpack that is on the back passenger floorboard also shielded from direct sun.

JLH

Oldest one I still have (and it still works fine) is my twenty year old Olympus C-2100UZ . It had that new 10x optically stabilized zoom lens (Made by Canon?). I don't think it will ever die, but I don't really use it any more to speak of. Luckily it uses AA rechargeable batteries so that is not a problem. But it uses those old "Smart Media" memory cards are long gone.
Its worthless to sell but fun to keep for all the memories it saved for me.

I have a D2x that I bought 7 or 8 (or 9) years ago that's still kicking around. Last time I checked it still worked. My first digital was my S2Pro... still wish that camera never stopped working. By the time mine broke it wasn't able to be fixed under warranty and wasn't worth paying to fix.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a D2x that I bought 7 or 8 (or 9) years ago that's still kicking around. Last time I checked it still worked. My first digital was my S2Pro... still wish that camera never stopped working. By the time mine broke it wasn't able to be fixed under warranty and wasn't worth paying to fix.
A bit overpriced even in NZ$ but one available here :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JLH

I still own a D7200, still a great camera.
I have a D7200 and a D7100. I don't consider them old or obsolete, especially the D7200! I also have a D5200 which is still serving me quite well. But again, these are only a few years old and seem "current" to me, not "old". My old Oly 2100UZ and my 5 Meg Pixel Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 are a different subject and fall under the "old" category. And yes, they both still work! :)

Real Name
David
I tend to sell or pass along my old cameras so the oldest I currently have is my Olympus Pen F.

My first digital was Pentax Optio 330 from 2001, the first DSLR was the D70 from 2004.

Still have my Sony Mavica (ones that use a 3.5" floppy and think its 1.3 megapixel). Still have a fully functioning D70 (which I bought new in 2004) that I use as a "kayak camera". Newest digital camera I have is a D300.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom