Your oldest digital camera?

I was just wondering how long digital cameras are lasting - a few of mine aren't extremely old compared to what might be out there
but I occasionally use my D50 though it's been a while since I used my Fuji F31fd which is still in good condition.
What old cameras are others still using?

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
D700 at age of 10.5 years and prox. 79,000 shutter releases.

Kind regards
Klaus

Last edited:
D50 and plenty of old compact digital (mostly for nephews and nieces).
D50 and D40 for older nephew and niece.

Last edited:
Gave a CoolPix 990 to my nephew about a decade ago, he said it is still working. Probable the oldest in my house is a D70, no idea how long it has just been sitting next to a N8008 on a shelf.

My very first digital camera was the Coolpix 900.....and I still have it, but have not used it in years. All my other ones have come-and-gone but I've hung on to that one for sentimental reasons, and not too long ago when I was cleaning out a closet had a happy reunion with it. The camera still lives in its special Nikon bag with its accessories....

Oh, the PTO at our school aslo bought one of those for teachers to use. It was very easy for a teacher to check it out of the library and then insert his/her own disk.

Currently the oldest digital that I have is a Nikon D100 which I bought in 2002. Prior to that was a little point and shoot, can't recall if it was a Canon or Nikon only that we tried to get a second memory card as the one that came with the camera, 8mb "smart memory card" and to get a 32mb was over $200, think we ended up purchasing a 16mb card but it still was in the $150 neighborhood if I recall. This was probably mid 90's.

Latest threads

Top Bottom