You're Out !

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by WizardOfOz, Jul 13, 2008.

1. My kids were at the skateboarding at the local skate park, and it was way too crowded for me to photograph them safely and I noticed a baseball game going on beside the skate park.

Went over a took a few photos before it got too dark (that's when I wish I had the 300mm f2.8 instead of the f4). I got a nice series of the player sliding on home. I have no idea how those refs can see anything with all that dust. The player was called out and I kept shooting, watching the catcher and his emotions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nicely done!!
    Just imagine that you were going to shoot skating and got two great baseball shots instead, now that's thinking on your feet for sure. :smile:
    I hope the weather has been better for you in Olathe (o-lay-thuh, I can even pronounce it too!) and you can keep sending in more nice shots like this.

3. Thanks for the kind words.

The weather has turned a little hot and I am preparing to take 10 Webelos camping in a couple of weekends. That should produce some interesting photo opportunities!

I like photographing my kids at the skate park, but this was the first time it was this crowded. Too risky to get hit by some of those crazy skateboarders.

Here is one from last year taken of my 14 year old with the Sigma 10-20mm. I now have the 10.5mm and am wanting to get some more dramatic shots with it,

[​IMG]