1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Youth Football gone wrong

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by t2933rm, Oct 1, 2008.

1. I played with some settings for some old lenses that I was looking at and forgot to change them back. I should have looked at the camera viewer sooner, I would have changed settings earlier. I did correct or over correct for some of the second half.

Over Exposed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over Corrected:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will get better, can not get much worse.

Thanks for all the help

Bob

2. yup - that happens

I had my camera all set for some long exposure, nightime traffic shots - then go to take a picture the next day with an 8 second exposure!

For this reason, I do the 2 button reset on a regular basis

I have a shortlist of things to change afterwards - 1 for soccer 1 for hockey - and 1 for day to day shots

3. oh yeah, this has happened too many times to me. I now have a pre-shoot checklist that I go thru...and even redo key things like ISO before the game (as I often change them for pre-game shooting).

It seems like you could salvage the overcorrected ones in post, should be be able to brighten them up some...

4. Chris and Paul, A pre-shot checklist is a great idea. I will write one up right away. Kind of a Cliffs notes method, helped me get through school, don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I love this site, wish I had been here sooner, Great people, Great Advise, Great shots to check out!!!

Bob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.