Youth Football gone wrong

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by t2933rm, Oct 1, 2008.

1. I played with some settings for some old lenses that I was looking at and forgot to change them back. I should have looked at the camera viewer sooner, I would have changed settings earlier. I did correct or over correct for some of the second half.

Over Exposed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over Corrected:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will get better, can not get much worse.

Thanks for all the help

Bob

2. yup - that happens

I had my camera all set for some long exposure, nightime traffic shots - then go to take a picture the next day with an 8 second exposure!

For this reason, I do the 2 button reset on a regular basis

I have a shortlist of things to change afterwards - 1 for soccer 1 for hockey - and 1 for day to day shots

3. oh yeah, this has happened too many times to me. I now have a pre-shoot checklist that I go thru...and even redo key things like ISO before the game (as I often change them for pre-game shooting).

It seems like you could salvage the overcorrected ones in post, should be be able to brighten them up some...

4. Chris and Paul, A pre-shot checklist is a great idea. I will write one up right away. Kind of a Cliffs notes method, helped me get through school, don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I love this site, wish I had been here sooner, Great people, Great Advise, Great shots to check out!!!

Bob