1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Youth Girl's Softball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by RichNY, Jul 19, 2008.

1. RichNY

RichNY Guest

1. Glare
    [​IMG]

2. Covered in Chainlink
    [​IMG]

3. Lost in the Sun
    [​IMG]

4. Waiting is the Hardest Part
    [​IMG]

5. Between Plays Checking My ISO
    (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)
    [​IMG]

2. very nice shots. Cute girl.

3. Those girls look very funny with those enormous lids.
    The picture of the woman is a different bussiness, one of moving proportions.

4. One thing I've noticed, and wonder about. Why are most if not all youth softball/baseball fields backward? What I mean is if you go to any minor or major league park, home plate is in the southwest corner of the land area, and the OUTFIELDERS are looking toward the sun. In every youth field I've been to in my area, it's northwest, and the BATTER is looking toward the sun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  5. Cima2oo7

Cima2oo7

Aug 11, 2007
    Mountain Home, ID
    Mark
    I like #2 best of the set. One tip, #1 could benefit from a shallower DOF (IMO)

6. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Voyager- I've noticed the same and just don't understand how the people who decide where to place fields don't take this into consideration.

Cima2007- I agree with you. This was one of the first images I took of the day and I have this bad habit of forgetting to use the buttons and dials for the first 5 minutes of any shoot :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.