1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Youth Soccer Tournament Images

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Sauk, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    I had some free time so I went to go see what this D3 + Sigma 300mm F2.8 could do!

First let me say this combo is amazing! My images were really really sharp and I am extremely happy with this combo! I mean extremely.

View More Images: http://matthewsauk.smugmug.com/gallery/5711983_AiL32/1/352459826_umwuV

Now to the images, enjoy :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  2. well done, matthew
    i know the folks will be happy with these results

thanks for sharing them with us

3. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT

By the way if anyone is on the fence with this lens and want's to see full size images, just post here or PM me and I will show you.

These were shot jpeg, +2 sharpening in camera then usm in PS to get sharpness where I needed it. I do my sharpening post shooting as it is always better then in camera.

4. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Great shots, Matthew. I'm thinking of signing up with a site to sell my photos as well. I like the way you have placed your name in the bottom left side of your photos. How is this done?

5. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are really outstanding images. They have just a tad too much contrast for me but that's just me. Overall very well done.

6. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    To be honest I don't think I added any contrast to the images, it was a very harsh 12 oclock sun that hurt the images I believe. I will double check the settings though :) 

7. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    It's just a watermark I made in PS (png file) and imported into smugmug and then adjusted from there in their control panel.

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

lookin good matt ...although the sunshine wasn't on you side i think we still did a good job .... be carefull though ... long/fast glass is very addictive and before you know it you will be lusting for a 400

9. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    I have been lusting for many years :)  lol But the 8,000 dollar price tag is luckily keeping me away!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.