Z 50 Autofocus

My Z50 Autofocus will not turn from red to green nor beep when shutter release is pushed halfway down. This happens in shooting modes P, S, A, but surprisingly works fine in the U1 and U2 modes. This problem occurs with both of the kit lenses purchased along with the camera. My area mode is Wide area AF(L) and focus mode is AF-S. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Thank you gryphon1911. That did the trick. Before I reset my menu preferences, what do you think might have caused the malfunction?

JLH

"To error is human but to really screw up takes a computer". My wife is a mainframe computer programer and I taught a lot of computer classes in college and had to deal with them for years in my work in the auto industry. It only takes one misplaced data bit to wreck a system. Sometimes its just a random series of events done in a certain sequence that causes the problem. A reset generally clears that out. Now, if it keeps happening , then you start getting concerned. Sometimes we have to "reflash" the memory due to a data bit or a defective storage bit somewhere that is "confused" or missing.

Before I reset my menu preferences

Hopefully you had saved your custom settings to the memory card, which will allow you to load them. However, some settings aren't saved. (On my Z6, apparently the My Menu and User Settings aren't saved.) Hopefully you also had recorded the settings that aren't saved so you can easily recreate them without having to remember what they are.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom