Z 6 II and Z 7 II

Looking at the Z7 and Z7II my self, if not just what the upgrades realy will give as with the presumed price increase.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I agree, with Nikon Z6 & Z7 , Nikon was trying to protect their DSLR line by omitting some features, they better be all in now, or they will be perceived to be behind the times.... The bar has been set high by the Sony A9 II, A7R4 and the Canon R5 & R6

I sure hope we get at least on par features, I sure want Nikon to succeed!

I won't be getting one. I'm waiting for the 100-400 and 200-600 lenses to come out. After that maybe the pro Z body whatever that might be up the road.

Spoke with Mo, the owner of Ace Photo, yesterday when I picked up the 24-200. He is thinking dual card slots in both bodies. Better video in both new bodies. Better dynamic range and ISO. Better AF tracking.

He was not sure if Nikon would follow Sony with the 61mpx BSI sensor tho. He felt Fuji made the right call lowering price of GFX 50mpx medium format which in his opinion is better in MPX wars than Sony and Canon now.

Better dynamic range and ISO.

I'll believe that when I see it. There has been no significant advance in dynamic range since the D600, which came out in 2014. I think the sensor designers have been bumping against the laws of physics since then.

We have seen some improvement at extreme iso values, but not at base iso.

Spoke with Mo, the owner of Ace Photo, yesterday when I picked up the 24-200. He is thinking dual card slots in both bodies. Better video in both new bodies. Better dynamic range and ISO. Better AF tracking.

He was not sure if Nikon would follow Sony with the 61mpx BSI sensor tho. He felt Fuji made the right call lowering price of GFX 50mpx medium format which in his opinion is better in MPX wars than Sony and Canon now.
Most of the rumor sites have been saying same sensors so better DR and ISO seems unlikely. If the second processor is dedicated to tracking, that may be a significant improvement.

Real Name
Don Roy
..with Nikon Z6 & Z7 , Nikon was trying to protect their DSLR line by omitting some features...
I hugely doubt that. Nikon is selling boxes with cameras in them. As long box count is high and they can be proud of the contents, I don't think they care if it's more of this tech or less of that.

Hi Folks, my first post.... I have a Nikon Z7 yes I made the leep to mirrorless trying to use some of my old glass and the camera will not take it !!
For instance ( Nikkor AF 50mm F/1.8 my Nikkor 35-80 mm AF
also some of my other lenses !! sigma 70/200mm f/2.8 APO DG HSM tamron 150-600mm sp
However !!
It will use my Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 prim my Nikor 70-300mm 5.6 g ED and my Sigma 18/300mm f/5.6 DC lenses
I have updated the firmware to 3.10

whats your thoughts on this please ? am I missing something.

Latest threads

Top Bottom