Z v F

As far as I see how Canon and Nikon have released such a good number of valuable (and excellent) RF and Z lenses in a short period of time (a year), I believe mirrorless system is the future. I predict I won't see any new DSLR APS-C cameras in 5-10 years, then no more new full frame DSLR bodies in 10-20 years. Well, I can be wrong.

One additional consideration: there is no battery grip with shutter release and dials meant to be used in portrait orientation for the Z6/Z7. While I'm very happy with the Z6 for the various reasons already mentioned, the lack of an option to add a vertical grip is another key reason to keep the D750 around.
True enough Andy but to be honest I've never used a grip or had any desire or real need to add one. I guess if I had, I may well have been looking at the big pro cameras too.

As far as I see how Canon and Nikon have released such a good number of valuable (and excellent) RF and Z lenses in a short period of time (a year), I believe mirrorless system is the future. I predict I won't see any new DSLR APS-C cameras in 5-10 years, then no more new full frame DSLR bodies in 10-20 years. Well, I can be wrong.
You may well be right but I think they will see me out. Meanwhile, the about-to-be-released Fuji X-Pro3 looks rather nice.

So when can we pre-order a D9? :ROFLMAO:
I'm hopeful that mirrorless AF improves to match and surpass current DSLR capabilities sooner than that!
Until the EVF and AF improves to at least equal the OVF and AF in a dSLR, it won't happen.
They are getting there, but need a couple/few more generations.
And doing it in a $5,000 mirrorless camera does not count, because I have than now in a sub $1,000 dSLR.

I changed my mind, at least about what I would wait for. Got a decent deal on swapping the D7200 for a D500. The AF area difference alone was a big temptation. Lots of things to learn again but this plus the D750 are probably enough for me now. I'm happy!

The 4th bullet point is already happening:
It's just the next level of tech.
  • With film you didn't see if you got it right until tomorrow.
  • With DSLR, you see it a few seconds later (while being a bit distracted from the subject to check).
  • With mirrorless, you see exposure before shooting, more confident you have it right.
  • With brainless mobile phone, you don't see exposures at all before the device already uploaded what it though you wanted to shoot. There's no other explanation for some real crap on social media...
:D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom