- Jan 19, 2019
- Leamington Spa, UK
- Real Name
It seems the main differences to the Z6 are:The specs don't mention whether focus bracketing is included and the owner's manual isn't yet available.
If the Z5 has focus bracketing and if it had been available when I purchased my Z6 a few months ago, I probably would have bought the Z5. Even so, I wouldn't bother making a change now.
- Slightly lower spec non-BSI 24Mp sensor
- Lower-spec video (esp, a 1.7 crop for 4k)
- Lower burst frame rate
- Same EVF, but lower res rear screen
- Dual SD card slots not single XQD
- No top-panel LCD panel
- Charge and operate from USB C
The reduced video and burst frame rates wouldn't bother me at all, but the sensor change is a bit of an unknown at this point. The reduced res rear screen is perhaps an issue too. Top-panel removal wouldn't bother me at all either.