Z50 30 day trial

Real Name
Randy
I think I gotta try this. Anybody else doing it ? Any downside I'm missing ? I only want the 16-50 lens kit and don't need the adaptor so for 999 on a trial it seems like a great deal for what I suspect is going to be as good as my d500 + 16-80 and noticeably lighter.

I'm considering. I'd get the adapter as you would still gain a stop and 30mm with the 16-80 if you needed it . . .

• Agree
Reactions: Pa
Consider buying the FTZ just in case you later decide to sell the camera. I think it will be a lot easier to sell if the FTZ is packaged with it.

Also determine if you could return the FTZ to Nikon as part of their trial program without returning the camera. If you can do that, there would be little reason not to buy the FTZ.

Real Name
Randy
Consider buying the FTZ just in case you later decide to sell the camera. I think it will be a lot easier to sell if the FTZ is packaged with it.

Also determine if you could return the FTZ to Nikon as part of their trial program without returning the camera. If you can do that, there would be little reason not to buy the FTZ.
you can return it with the package but no price break
another option is trade in the d3200 + 18-55 and get the z50 and 16-50 for 899 vs 999 then I'm not sure what the adapter costs.

So the adaptor is like a TC. How is IQ compared o a lens' native dslr body, say the 16-80, on a d500 vs z50

Real Name
Randy
anybody considering the 2 lens kit ?
is the 50-250 any good ?

btw you can trade in and do the yellow pgm….$100 is not much but neither is d3200 + 18-55, free up cabinet space anyway. The d3200 is my wifes but never gets used and ergonomics are bad

you can return it with the package but no price break
another option is trade in the d3200 + 18-55 and get the z50 and 16-50 for 899 vs 999 then I'm not sure what the adapter costs.

So the adaptor is like a TC. How is IQ compared o a lens' native dslr body, say the 16-80, on a d500 vs z50

Not like a TC its just an empty spacer with electrics, so no adverse effect on IQ.

Real Name
Randy
what a mess they've made of this process

trying to get a z50 + 16-80 on trade in pgm and yellow pgm and get discount for adapter, it says you can do all, keep hacking

anybody considering the 2 lens kit ?
is the 50-250 any good ?

btw you can trade in and do the yellow pgm….$100 is not much but neither is d3200 + 18-55, free up cabinet space anyway. The d3200 is my wifes but never gets used and ergonomics are bad

You can probably do a lot better selling your D3200 to MPB.com.

Real Name
Randy
if I follow the trade up route it says $100 back from d3200 + 18-55 plus a free adaptor and the yellow pgm FAQs says you can also do the yellow pgm
I get close but no free adaptor

Real Name
Randy
IQ should take no hit at all with the adapter. It is no different than an extension tube for macro...just a hollow tube (with some electronic connections in the case of the FTZ).

Glenn
thanks

Real Name
Randy
Trade in any working camera for a new Nikon Z series, and we'll take off the value of your trade-in plus instant savings on many models.
And we'll throw in the FTZ lens adapter for free ($99 with the Z 50).
Get a trade-in estimate

so start at FAQ for the Yellow pgm and it says you can buy a Z50 kit under the trade in pgm and still get the yellow pgm. On the trade in pgm (see above) it says adaptor for $99. I can't dind a way to make that happen

Anybody wanna try

Trade in any working camera for a new Nikon Z series, and we'll take off the value of your trade-in plus instant savings on many models.
Get a trade-in estimate

so start at FAQ for the Yellow pgm and it says you can buy a Z50 kit under the trade in pgm and still get the yellow pgm. On the trade in pgm (see above) it says adaptor for $99. I can't dind a way to make that happen

Anybody wanna try
If you trade in a camera, use the Yellow program and later return the Z50 you loose your trade in and forfet your old camera.

Get a trade-in estimate

Anybody wanna try
I tried to use the trade-up and yellow pgrm on a 2 lens kit. It says that I should get an FTZ for free but when I go to the cart, it isn't there and there's no discount allowed for it. I figure I'd call them Monday.

Latest threads

Top Bottom