Z50 and the National Military Vehicles Museum (warning 12 images)

Bill (bsinc1962) posted a thread about the National Military Vehicles Museum in Dubois, Wyoming. I knew that Greg and I would love to visit that museum after seeing Bill's wonderful photos. A few days ago we were camping a couple of hours from Dubois and decided to make a day trip to see the museum. It was definitely worth the trip. We loved it so much. I was so surprised at how emotional I was at seeing all these items that I had seen in movies all my life. I came away with a much greater appreciation for the sacrifices so many have made and at the same time horrified at the realities of war. I wondered how many lives were lost at the hand of these machines.

I just bought a Z50 right before the trip and decided to try it out at the museum. I put on my 35 f1.8 DX lens with the FTZ. The lighting was low and I kept it wide open with the ISO turned up. The lens was a little too long for the close quarters, but I tried to capture some details. It was a fun place to take such a small, lightweight camera. It didn't interfere with my ability to enjoy what I was seeing and learning at the museum.

Thank you, Bill, for informing us about this awe inspiring museum!!

DSC_0286.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0307.jpg
DSC_0309.jpg
DSC_0314.jpg
DSC_0319.jpg
DSC_0313.jpg
DSC_0321.jpg
DSC_0322.jpg
DSC_0324.jpg
DSC_0326.jpg
DSC_0338.jpg
DSC_0368.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
WOW! Terri, you did a fantastic job capturing these images. Excellent compositions and the clarity and sharpness are impressive! Thanks so much for sharing!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thank you, Karen. That little Z50 is impressive!! Glad you liked these. I hope you get to see the museum sometime.
I'm adding that museum to our list of places to visit. My husband is a 20 year retired Army guy and I worked for 31 years for a very large defense contractor that made a lot of the machinery.

Outstanding and interesting photos.

No Dusenhalf?
My husband said that there was. There was an entire area of transport trucks.
DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

Hello Terri, Love your photos.
And the one with the sign for Bastogne and Wiltz attract my attention, As I lives near Bastogne (20 kms) and not too far from Grand Duchy of Luxembourg where Wiltz is.
And the museum seems to be like the one in the Mardasson in Bastogne.

Great series Terri. Having spent 10 years in the military during the Korean and Vietnam era these are all very real to me. Thanks for sharing your visit to this museum.

Latest threads

Top Bottom