Z50. Can't change shutter speed in shutter priority?

From what I can remember it didn't behave like this before firmware 2.0.

When I'm in shutter priority and video mode I can't change the shutter, I can't even turn off auto-ISO. The shutter is always the same as the selected video framerate. It works as normal in photo mode.

Is this normal behaviour for video, a new bug or did I change something I shouldn't :) ?

Think it is normal, just tried it on my D810. Easy test is to set the shutter speed normally at another speed then switch to video mode. The camera will change to the camera preset settings for video suitable for conditions , or that is my guess. Don't confuse shutter speed with frame rate depending on frame size.
Say for example you set the camera to get too much light on the sensor for a period of time you could easily damage the sensor which is why you can't alter the settings

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But I usually shoot 25p video with 1/50 - because reasons - but here with shutter priority it sets it to 1/25 regardless what I do. I could agree that 1/25 would be the lowest, but I should be able to increase it like in photo mode.

Well well. Maybe it is a "feature", just seems very strange. I'll have to shoot manual instead.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom