Z50, I’m thinking I’m in

Why?
Did you want 11fps with the mechanical shutter?

When I shoot at 10+fps I would rather use the electronic shutter.
That is less wear on the mechanical shutter, because I expect to be shooting THOUSANDS of frames.
I shoot HS sports with a D7200 at 6fps, and I shoot about 25,000+ frames a year.
If I go to 12fps I would end up at around 50,000 frames. I would rather not be putting that much additional wear on the mechanical shutter.
Most of the time i would not want 11fps but for fast-flying small birds the lack of blackout could help but I would not want to risk the rolling shutter effect on background objects.

Real Name
Ian
Why?
Did you want 11fps with the mechanical shutter?

When I shoot at 10+fps I would rather use the electronic shutter.
That is less wear on the mechanical shutter, because I expect to be shooting THOUSANDS of frames.
I shoot HS sports with a D7200 at 6fps, and I shoot about 25,000+ frames a year.
If I go to 12fps I would end up at around 50,000 frames. I would rather not be putting that much additional wear on the mechanical shutter.
Why? Two words: Rolling Shutter

Stabilized sensor meaning every lens is stabilized, 1/8000 mechanical shutter and 1/32000 electronic shutter, 80MP high resolution images, 30fps with pre-burst capture, Live Bulb for active sensor readout during long exposures. I could go on.

There are far more features in the E-M5 III than there are in the Z50, which is essentially a mirrorless D7500. So while it’s easy to dismiss the camera for having a “small sensor”, it’s far more technologically advanced than the Z50’s is.
I had in-body-stabilizer (IBIS) cameras since the first generation of Sony A7, and went along with them until A7R3...to Z6, so I know and I cannot live without IBIS. I picked Z6 over Canon EOS R because of that.
For me, no sense to get a E-M5 at that price instead of Z50 as a second/third camera while someone is having Z6/Z7 and a bunch of Nikon lenses.. Two different systems and yet, not pocketable sizes, regardless how technology it's equipped with :) .

Those who want to shoot fast-moving people, birds or animals without blackout really should look at Sony's A9 or new A9 II......
Have Sony started making cameras

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom