Z50, I’m thinking I might pass

Hmmmm....reds looking really blown....and most colors look over saturated..... at least to me.....
"These are all shot hand-held as BASIC JPGs; no RAW files, NORMAL or FINE JPGs or tripods were used or needed.
All shot in the VIVID Picture Control setting with sharpening set to +9 and Saturation set to +3."

Hmmmm....reds looking really blown....and most colors look over saturated..... at least to me.....
That's his settings Karen. He admits to liking blown, over saturated, or as he says "vibrant" colors. Flamboyant??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
"These are all shot hand-held as BASIC JPGs; no RAW files, NORMAL or FINE JPGs or tripods were used or needed.
All shot in the VIVID Picture Control setting with sharpening set to +9 and Saturation set to +3."
My eyes hurt from reading that and I haven't even seen the photos.
If a side effect of your images are bleeding corneas, you might want to modify your technique (and get your own eyes checked.)

Real Name
Steve
Here's a lame sample, but it is something at least. I had to rush in this past Sunday before the restaurant opened to shoot a couple of drinks for a holiday drinks promotion. I planned on shooting them with both the Z7 and Z50 to compare, but the bartender had them all done at once. I only had a chance to grab this quick set up shot with the Z50 to test exposure before the actual drinks came in. This is from jpg (instead of NEF), it only prints tiny on a laser-printed menu card.

DSC_0068b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I'll repeat what I said on another forum . . . Unboxing videos are the visual equivalent of listening to Barry Manilow (with sincere apologies to Barry Manilow fans).
I won't comment on KR's images but VIVID, +9 sharpening AND +3 Saturation? This is a combination more appropriate for Saturday morning low budget cartoons. Fine if Pokemon is your color palette.

Well, I just committed to the Z system and bought the Z50 w/ 16-50 lens + $99 adapter + 85mm 1.8 from Best Buy last night.

Haven't taken pictures of anything interesting yet; just setting it up...but from what I've experienced so far:
1) responsive and accurate in its focusing
2) small but solid in the hand (my pinky hangs off a bit, so might purchase a 3rd party grip when they become available)

Real Name
Randy
Well, I just committed to the Z system and bought the Z50 w/ 16-50 lens + $99 adapter + 85mm 1.8 from Best Buy last night.

Haven't taken pictures of anything interesting yet; just setting it up...but from what I've experienced so far:
2) small but solid in the hand (my pinky hangs off a bit, so might purchase a 3rd party grip when they become available)
congrats

Congratulations! Fun having a new camera, isn't it? Yep, always takes a little period of adjustment.....

Is that the 85 1.8S?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom