Z6 + AF-P 70-300 in Old gaffers Regatta

Pat

A few shots from last Sunday's Regatta

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Interesting to note that all bar two ( from top #4 @ 195 mm and #5 @ 100 mm) have been shot at 70 mm, which means that the Z 24-200 would have been ideal, especially since on occasions I would have liked to be able to shoot shorter than 70 mm.

Wonderful .... love the 6th image, classic image of two sloops going to weather. Reminds me of racing in the summer race series every Saturday and Sunday afternoon while living in Marblehead, Ma.

Pat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Answer to Karen : the winner was the Viola (Pic #3), a gaff cutter designed by William Fife (Scotland) and built in 1908. In this race, we also had the legendary Pen Duick (Nr 1536 C featured in several pics) also designed by William Fife and built in 1898. It used to belong to the no less legendary French yachtsman Eric Tabarly who was lost in the Irish Sea in 1998 while sailing this very boat.

Answer to RobCar : just a little bit of post processing, but the main culprit is the amazing Z6, I used to like the images produced by the Olympus, but this Z6 is definitely something else.

Real Name
Maurie Hill
Gorgeous old Gaffers.

We have a regatta here in Auckland every summer for "Classic Yachts", among them are a few gaff-rigs from 1890's - 1930's. In recent years it's a sight to see them contrasted to our modern-day America's Cup foilers!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom