Z6 and High speed sync

Hi everyone. So i'm just not getting it right with this camera, and i'm not sure if it's just a setting i'm missing, or if HSS is just not possible with the Z6. I've got two HSS capable pocketwizard triggers, which do HSS beautifully on my D800, but the highest sync speed I can get on the Z6 is 1/200.

Any ideas? Can't seem to find anything online regarding the subject.

Real Name
Jonathan Ward
Make sure in the menu -> custom settings -> e: Flash Sync Speed you have it set to 1/200 (Auto FP)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If this has already been done, then I'm unsure what the issue may be. I don't have experience with PocketWizards.

StevieG, did you have any success? I am having the same problem with my Z6 and AD600 Godox flash and trigger. I have set my camera as above and have my light on HSS. I can't get it over the 1/200 sync speed either.

Well, I feel stupid! I had everything set correctly, except the hss on my trigger. Hope this helps someone else. :)

Hi everyone. So i'm just not getting it right with this camera, and i'm not sure if it's just a setting i'm missing, or if HSS is just not possible with the Z6. I've got two HSS capable pocketwizard triggers, which do HSS beautifully on my D800, but the highest sync speed I can get on the Z6 is 1/200.

Any ideas? Can't seem to find anything online regarding the subject.
I discovered the same problem when I bought the Z6. I was on line with PW tech for several weeks and we tried everything with updates and camera settings but high speed sync was erratic at best. It worked occasionally but not often. It changed the camera sync to only work (sync) up to 1/60 second. Above that speed their was no sync, only black screen. I reset the PW TT5s back to Legacy software for now and use them with my D3. High speed sync works fine with the Z and the Nikon CLS system. I think I will update the TT5s again. Maybe PW found a solution to the problem.
Calsee

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom