Z6 BBF question

I have bought a Pebble wireless shutter release, what I have noticed is that when Af-On is set AF-On only the pebble will not fire the shutter, if I enable both the AF-On and the Shutter Button the Pebble fires the shutter every time.
Have I got some setting wrong or is this the way its supposed to work.

Mick

I'm confused. First, I didn't understand the OP's comment about enabling the shutter button, as I don't understand exactly what that means. Second, I have my Z6 set to work with back button focusing. I don't even know how to turn it off. Yet, my camera works just fine when controlled wirelessly by the CamRanger Mini using its own WiFi network and the MIOPS Remote using Bluetooth. Note that I've never used the Pebble system.

Yup, A7 is the one. I have mine in "My Menu" so I can access it on the fly.
A7 sets the camera to Auto Focus Activation to one of 2 options:
ON = Camera shutter release button AND the BBF (AF-ON) button i.e., camera will auto focus and fire its shutter and focus with a press of either the camera shutter release or the BBF (AF-ON) button.
OFF = BBF (AF-ON) button ONLY i.e, Camera will only focus using the BBF (AF-ON) button. The Camera shutter release button will only release the shutter.

OFF is required for most/all remote releases.

OFF = BBF (AF-ON) button ONLY i.e, Camera will only focus using the BBF (AF-ON) button. The Camera shutter release button will only release the shutter.

OFF is required for most/all remote releases.

Thanks for the explanation, Nick. All of that makes sense, as that is how my camera is always configured, which explains why it works just fine with the two wireless and the two wired releases I've used recently.

Latest threads

Top Bottom