Z6 Haunted, needs exorcism??

Recently my Z6 has been doing some weird stuff: While using the camera to take photos, the focus box, and the top line of information in the display, disappear. I still see information on the bottom of the display. In this "state", the AF-ON button doesn't appear to be working and I can't take a photo. To get the camera to come back to reality, I have to press the i button, or one of the other buttons on the back, or turn camera off and on.

Also, the other day, when using the 24-70 kit lens, the message was displayed that I needed to rotate the lens before using it (it was already rotated to like 65mm).

And also recently I got the message that the shutter was closed and I couldn't use the camera.

Not sure if my Z6 is having firmware issues, hardware issues, or...?? Anyone else experiencing these kinds of things?

I experienced something weird, though I can't remember what it was. I reset all the settings to the default settings and that solved the problem. This is when I learned that the Z cameras, unlike the Nikon DSLRs, don't have a two-button reset, though I also don't remember what the reset method is.

Before doing the reset, be sure to save your settings to a memory card so you don't have to manually recreate your custom settings. Also record all of the settings for the User Settings (U1 - U3), as those settings are not saved to the memory card.

Real Name
Mike
I keep reading issues with Z cameras. Gives me more reason to keep my D750 and G lenses as it works flawlessly. As a hobby photog I see know reason to switch until all the bugs are worked out with later generations.

Real Name
Andrew
Nikons have been my most solid cameras in my photography lifetime. I’ve had more issues with m43 than anything else.

I still shoot both. Not sure where you are hearing about Z cameras having lots of issues. If the blogosphere and you tubers are to be believed the Z cameras are so “bad”and so behind everyone else that they would have you thinking that no one is using them.

Real Name
Mike
Nikons have been my most solid cameras in my photography lifetime. I’ve had more issues with m43 than anything else.

I still shoot both. Not sure where you are hearing about Z cameras having lots of issues. If the blogosphere and you tubers are to be believed the Z cameras are so “bad”and so behind everyone else that they would have you thinking that no one is using them.
I'm talking about from this website.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom