Z6 LCD red box with a red line thru it ?

Real Name
Randy
on the LCD there's a red box with a red line thru it, what does it mean ?
Just got my Z6 back from nikon
I can't find this icon in user manual
thanks

Real Name
Randy
FE5EBC95-5B16-4C97-81A4-24FBA8F86E14.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
this place is amazing and so is nick
always an answer to every question

ding ding a winner and you saved my pics for latter today
what is the setting that stops shooting if theres no card

Well that icon looks like a card, but the manual uses [-E-] — whatever!.

Set up menu (Wrench)
"Selecting Enable release allows the shutter to be released when no memory card is inserted, although no pictures will be recorded (they will however be displayed in demo mode). If Release locked is selected, the shutter-release button is only enabled when a memory card is inserted in the camera."

Real Name
Randy
Then the manual is wrong. That icon Randy mentioned is displayed on my Z6 when there is no memory card. When I put the memory card in, that icon disappears.
that red box is def for no card. i cant find that icon anywhere in the user manual

Then the manual is wrong. That icon Randy mentioned is displayed on my Z6 when there is no memory card. When I put the memory card in, that icon disappears.
By the way, Thom Hogan's Guide is also wrong; it says the indicator is -E-. Hogan's team probably relied on the manual's information without checking its accuracy.

Guess what? The red square shows on mine too. Who'd have thunk that? After all I do live in Moscow :rolleyes:

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
That red icon is 'no card' on back LCD. '-E-' is no card indicator on top LCD. Manual and Them are not completely wrong.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well that icon looks like a card, but the manual uses [-E-] — whatever!.

Set up menu (Wrench)
"Selecting Enable release allows the shutter to be released when no memory card is inserted, although no pictures will be recorded (they will however be displayed in demo mode). If Release locked is selected, the shutter-release button is only enabled when a memory card is inserted in the camera."
Translation error... ? :D

Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom