Z6: Major sensor dust! :(

By the way if your camera light box ever gets filled up with Styrofoam balls, this looks like it would be useful (not). Watch the video. Wow I need 2 of these.
There is more crap out there to clean our sensors with than you can imagine. It is not that hard. It is moving dust on a piece of glass to somewhere else, and occasionally cleaning up an oil drop or stain. It is not rocket science. If you come across any other useless devices to help us clean our sensors, please let me know. I need the laugh.
Gary
https://nikonrumors.com/2015/09/24/...s-sensor-cleaning-device-fijin-d-f-l001.aspx/

Are mirrorless bodies more prone to gathering sensor dust? My Z6 has horrible dust issues at the moment, see photo. It's not even a white paper or sky test shot, but the dust is very evident.

I haven't even taken any pictures with my Z6 yet, but for my D700 I used Rocket blower and sensor swabs with sensor cleaning solution. First time was scary, but then you just get used to it.

Real Name
Rodney
Thanks for the replies. To clarify, I have cleaned my sensors on my Dslr bodies many times. Blower, visible dust brushes, wet cleaning with methanol. I have done it all. I was just shocked at how dirty my Z6 sensor is. I guess the sensor cleaning inside isn't that great.

Latest threads

Top Bottom