Z6 not switching between EVF and LCD

I usually have my Z6 set to monitor only. But the other day I wanted it to automatically switch. I set it to automatic display switch, but when I remove my eye from the viewfinder it doesn't automatically switch to the monitor. Could there be a setting somewhere that I need to change?

I had this happen to me too. I got it to work, but for the life of me I can't say what I did :oops: I pressed and switched seemingly at random and now it works great. I think, but don't quote me, that it may have had something to do with my having 2 options checked on the menu setting.

I usually have my Z6 set to monitor only. But the other day I wanted it to automatically switch. I set it to automatic display switch, but when I remove my eye from the viewfinder it doesn't automatically switch to the monitor. Could there be a setting somewhere that I need to change?
Check if the viewfinder sensor isn’t blocked by something.

Thanks everyone!! Bill, the rocket blower worked like a charm. Thank you, Thank you!! I knew you folks would come through for me.
I got a used, nearly new, D5500 for my wife last winter, and when I got it the LCD wouldn't work. Couldn't even get into the menu to set it up. After a lot of web searching I tried cleaning the viewfinder window and it has worked fine since.

Real Name
Alvin
I had the exact same thing happen to me last week on my Z6. Cleaning the sensor did the trick, though initially, I jumped to a worse case scenario.

I was in a dusty area so that likely caused the problem.

I've shot Fujis for years and never had to clean the eye sensor.

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week on my Z6. Cleaning the sensor did the trick, though initially, I jumped to a worse case scenario.

I was in a dusty area so that likely caused the problem.

I've shot Fujis for years and never had to clean the eye sensor.
I never had to clean the sensor on my Olympus mirrorless as well. But It's a simple fix and I'll know what to do in the future.

It seems to be a common problem on many of the mirrorless cameras. I have hears of some of the people on the Leica forums who have found mini q tips to keep in their camera bags for cleaning when out shooting.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom