Z6 not switching between EVF and LCD

I usually have my Z6 set to monitor only. But the other day I wanted it to automatically switch. I set it to automatic display switch, but when I remove my eye from the viewfinder it doesn't automatically switch to the monitor. Could there be a setting somewhere that I need to change?

I had this happen to me too. I got it to work, but for the life of me I can't say what I did :oops: I pressed and switched seemingly at random and now it works great. I think, but don't quote me, that it may have had something to do with my having 2 options checked on the menu setting.

I usually have my Z6 set to monitor only. But the other day I wanted it to automatically switch. I set it to automatic display switch, but when I remove my eye from the viewfinder it doesn't automatically switch to the monitor. Could there be a setting somewhere that I need to change?
Check if the viewfinder sensor isn’t blocked by something.

Thanks everyone!! Bill, the rocket blower worked like a charm. Thank you, Thank you!! I knew you folks would come through for me.

I got a used, nearly new, D5500 for my wife last winter, and when I got it the LCD wouldn't work. Couldn't even get into the menu to set it up. After a lot of web searching I tried cleaning the viewfinder window and it has worked fine since.

Real Name
Alvin
I had the exact same thing happen to me last week on my Z6. Cleaning the sensor did the trick, though initially, I jumped to a worse case scenario.

I was in a dusty area so that likely caused the problem.

I've shot Fujis for years and never had to clean the eye sensor.

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week on my Z6. Cleaning the sensor did the trick, though initially, I jumped to a worse case scenario.

I was in a dusty area so that likely caused the problem.

I've shot Fujis for years and never had to clean the eye sensor.
I never had to clean the sensor on my Olympus mirrorless as well. But It's a simple fix and I'll know what to do in the future.

It seems to be a common problem on many of the mirrorless cameras. I have hears of some of the people on the Leica forums who have found mini q tips to keep in their camera bags for cleaning when out shooting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom