Z6 Photo Uploading Question

I just ordered my Z6. I forgot to order an XQD card reader. I am inclined to think that maybe I would like to upload the photos from the camera with the USB cable. That way I wouldn't take the card out and forget to put it back in.....I don't want to buy two XQD cards because I want to wait to see what the CF express will cost when the firmware update comes out soon that will allow usage of those. Here is my question. My 2015 iMac doesn't have USB C. Can you upload photos with an older USB type connection? Also, does the camera come with the cable to attach it to the computer?

Last edited:
I just ordered my Z6. I forgot to order an XQD card reader. I am inclined to think that maybe I would like to upload the photos from the camera with the USB cable. That way I wouldn't take the card out and forget to put it back in.....I don't want to buy two XQD cards because I want to wait to see what the CF express will cost when the firmware update comes out soon that will allow usage of those. Here is my question. My 2015 iMac doesn't have USB C. Can you upload photos with an older USB type connection? Also, does the camera come with the cable to attach it to the computer?
As William indicated a conversion cable will allow you go from usbc to usb. Also in answer to your second question the cable to attach camera to computer is included in the box

Both....
But when CFexpress is as fast and as cheap as promised I will sell my XQD-Card and Reader and invest into CFexpress.

Edit: I bought the reader only for one reason...firmware upgrades!

Both....
But when CFexpress is as fast and as cheap as promised I will sell my XQD-Card and Reader and invest into CFexpress.

Both....

Thanks, Stephan!! Sounds like a good reason to not cancel my order.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom