Z6 questions

Real Name
Randy
I think it's going to be brilliant for travel photography. I just wish they would bet that 24-105 lens on the market.
I had the same thought, I didn't like the 24-70 range and switched to the 24-120 and then I think it was you who convinced me to get the 16-80, which is still the best everyday lens I've ever seen. A 24-120 Z would be even better as long as it's small

I had the same thought, I didn't like the 24-70 range and switched to the 24-120 and then I think it was you who convinced me to get the 16-80, which is still the best everyday lens I've ever seen. A 24-120 Z would be even better as long as it's small
Agreed. My grandson is using my 24-120 on his Z6 while on his study abroad in Cambridge. He's been posting some on the Wanderlust forum.

There is a 24-105 on the Z-lens roadmap, but no 24-120.

Real Name
David
@Randy just a note about EFCS and ES.

I'm not sure your "Mr Boring" or "Just Another Day" images would in anyway be impacted by ES. I've used it for family events, heads / arms / etc movements have not been an issue. And EFCS has no impact, Olympus has actually been using that (and is the default on a few cameras) to reduce "shutter shock".

The D810 is the least shutter noise of any DSLR that I've been around. And it has group focus. Not great for ISO above 1600 or so. But they're relatively inexpensive on the used market.

Randy, while you're in the renting mood, if you do decide to try things before buying, why not also check out the A9 II or the A7R IV?? I think Sony has been able to improve the rolling shutter situation on their latest models so that it isn't as much of a problem as it has been in the past. Also, from what I understand, the rolling shutter only happens in specific kinds of situations, not all the time. I haven't had a need to try silent mode yet, so at this point can't speak from personal experience.

Randy, don’t know how loud it is when the D5 shutters fires, however when shooting with the Z7 it is much much quieter than my D800. In fact many times i’ve had to actually confirm whether the shuttered fired or not. What was the sound of the shutter firing on the Z50 like? It may be quiet enough without going into silent mode.

Real Name
Randy
Randy, don’t know how loud it is when the D5 shutters fires, however when shooting with the Z7 it is much much quieter than my D800. In fact many times i’ve had to actually confirm whether the shuttered fired or not. What was the sound of the shutter firing on the Z50 like? It may be quiet enough without going into silent mode.
much quieter than the d5 but I need silence. After reading a lot today I will be fine, if my birds move I'm done anyway because I'm keeping ss low to keep iso low. It's my BY so opps are endless. I'm waiting a best price from my dealer

Real Name
Randy
Randy, while you're in the renting mood, if you do decide to try things before buying, why not also check out the A9 II or the A7R IV?? I think Sony has been able to improve the rolling shutter situation on their latest models so that it isn't as much of a problem as it has been in the past. Also, from what I understand, the rolling shutter only happens in specific kinds of situations, not all the time. I haven't had a need to try silent mode yet, so at this point can't speak from personal experience.
thanks but that eliminates a key piece of this, the 500pf, being able to move fast makes shooting these tiny birds possible, they land on a perch and stay still for a 3 shot burst often as slow as 1/250 and it's usually the 2nd shot you keep. With a silent shutter they will stay past when I'm done with them :)

Real Name
Randy
the rebates are -200 for the body, -200 for the adapter, -400 for the lens (even though I don't want it) so IMO buying used doesn't make sense right now

Real Name
Randy
Agreed. My grandson is using my 24-120 on his Z6 while on his study abroad in Cambridge. He's been posting some on the Wanderlust forum.

There is a 24-105 on the Z-lens roadmap, but no 24-120.
after I got the 16-80 I stopped using the 24-120, it just sits because resale value is sad, and it's not that the 24-120 is bad it's the 16-80 is absurdly sharp and detailed. I took my D50 and 16-80 last time to Italy and I was amazed

24-105 z would be fine

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom