Z6, Z7 Firmare 3.10 , Z50 Firmware 2.0, and FTZ Firmware 1.10 available

Real Name
Randy
I've applied the update to my Z6 and both my wifes & my Z50, and all three of our FTZ's.

Installs were the same as every other Nikon firmware update I've done. Quick, clean, no issues.

I had just a few minutes to sit in the backyard during lunch. Both bodies seem to perform about the same as pre-update, based on only a very brief time to shoot. The Z50 is still a tad quicker to aquire focus than the Z6 - no change there. I did not try Auto-Area AF or tracking, which is where some of the updates were referenced so I probably didn't test anything relevant to the update(s).
have you tried a long lens on the z6 w/ FTZ and experienced the AF issue of focus long then short ? I'm curious if that's fixed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
have you tried a long lens on the z6 w/ FTZ and experienced the AF issue of focus long then short ? I'm curious if that's fixed
I've used my 600F4 native, with 1.4x & 2x TC's and can't say that I've experienced that issue. I am referring to in the past, not since this update. I too, hope that may be resolved regardless if I've experienced it "yet" or not. I'll see if I an take it out somewhere this weekend.

Real Name
Randy
I've used my 600F4 native, with 1.4x & 2x TC's and can't say that I've experienced that issue. I am referring to in the past, not since this update. I too, hope that may be resolved regardless if I've experienced it "yet" or not. I'll see if I an take it out somewhere this weekend.
focus close to mfd, then long, then try to come back to short, the z6 simply won't respond, you have to MF, thanks

focus close to mfd, then long, then try to come back to short, the z6 simply won't respond, you have to MF, thanks
I'll give it a try.

That's another perfect use for setting a focus distance on a lens button so you can instantly pop back to the short (near MFD) distance. Didn't we talk about that one the 500PF recently?

Real Name
Randy
I'll give it a try.

That's another perfect use for setting a focus distance on a lens button so you can instantly pop back to the short (near MFD) distance. Didn't we talk about that one the 500PF recently?
Yes we did and it works but it only works if you have one perch I have two perches in two different directions and several trees

Yes we did and it works but it only works if you have one perch I have two perches in two different directions and several trees
Gotcha. I'll give it a whirl. Here's hoping it's improved now! :)

Here's 2 shots from my lunch break after updating both of these bodies & FTZ's. It's pretty bad when this is all ya got. lol.

50138452981_29fa7e0e9f_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50138687772_f673e45c18_o.jpg

MFD to infinity on static objects seems faster, have yet to get out in the heat except for this sparrow.

Question, what is it i am doing wrong?

Attached FTZ to Z7 and uploaded FW 3.10 via standard procedure, copied BIN file into the root directory of the XQD card.
Only camera firmware was uploaded successfully form 3.00 to 3.10 while the adaptor firmware (MA) remains same as it was before 1.00 - it should have been update to 1.10.

Any suggestions welcome.

Question, what is it i am doing wrong?

Attached FTZ to Z7 and uploaded FW 3.10 via standard procedure, copied BIN file into the root directory of the XQD card.
Only camera firmware was uploaded successfully form 3.00 to 3.10 while the adaptor firmware (MA) remains same as it was before 1.00 - it should have been update to 1.10.

Any suggestions welcome.
FTZ update requires a 2nd download (BIN file). Same exercise, just a 2nd update file.

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/360.html

Question....

I haven't updated my Z 50 yet. Do I need to update the firmware version that I missed? Or can I just update the most recent version?

Many thanks in advance,
Ronald

Do I need to update the firmware version that I missed? Or can I just update the most recent version?
Read the details about that explained at the Nikon download webpage. Every time I've read that information, it has explained that the most current update can be used regardless of whether you have installed earlier updates. I've never read the information pertaining to the Z50, which explains why I recommend making sure by reviewing the information Nikon provides.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom