Z6, Z7 Firmare 3.10 , Z50 Firmware 2.0, and FTZ Firmware 1.10 available

Real Name
Randy
I never did this for my DSLRs unless I had a problem and I know that's kinda strange but I think I need to keep up with this on my z6, if for no other reason than improvement to AF but I'll still wait a few weeks and see what happens

Real Name
Randy
A ten-minute video explaining how to do something that should take less time than that? I'll look it up in the manual or in Thom Hogan's Guide. Even so, thanks for trying by providing the video.
in a nutshell you download the update to a card and put the card in the camera and run the menu command to update fw

A ten-minute video explaining how to do something that should take less time than that? I'll look it up in the manual or in Thom Hogan's Guide. Even so, thanks for trying by providing the video.
The instructions Nikon provides at the download site are the best! Honestly.

If your camera dies, you've screwed up. It's that simple :)

Real Name
Randy
how do you update FTZ fw ? I didn't know it had fw, i guess everything does

[edit] never mind, it's the same process

I've applied the update to my Z6 and both my wifes & my Z50, and all three of our FTZ's.

Installs were the same as every other Nikon firmware update I've done. Quick, clean, no issues.

I had just a few minutes to sit in the backyard during lunch. Both bodies seem to perform about the same as pre-update, based on only a very brief time to shoot. The Z50 is still a tad quicker to aquire focus than the Z6 - no change there. I did not try Auto-Area AF or tracking, which is where some of the updates were referenced so I probably didn't test anything relevant to the update(s).

If you have not already updated, check the bracketing feature as described in the update info.

Please report back on the before and after?

It works ok for me "after" but i do not know about the "before".

DG

Latest threads

Top Bottom