Z6ii Menu Back-up

I understand that you can back up the camera menu settings to an SD card. Are all the the menu settings back-up?
Specifically: My menu, U1-U3 and the i-menu for each of the shooting modes.
Thank you in advance,
Tom

I have a Z6 (not a Z6ii) and I can confirm that the U1 - U3 settings and the My Menu settings are not saved. Thom Hogan also explains in his Guide to the Z6/Z7 that the following Photo Shooting settings are not saved: storage folder, choose image area, multiple exposure, interval timer shooting, time-lapse movie and focus shift shooting. He also explains that the Shooting Method is not saved. There might be other settings that are not saved.

TIP: If the Z6ii is like the Z6, you can't save to the memory card or load from it when the camera is configured to either of the U1 - U3 settings. That's because the pertinent menu item is rendered inactive in that situation.

Last edited:
I have a Z6 (not a Z6ii) and I can confirm that the U1 - U3 settings and the My Menu settings are not saved. Thom Hogan also explains in his Guide to the Z6/Z7 that the following Photo Shooting settings are not saved: storage folder, choose image area, multiple exposure, interval timer shooting, time-lapse movie and focus shift shooting. He also explains that the Shooting Method is not saved. There might be other settings that are not saved.

TIP: If the Z6ii is like the Z6, you can't save to the memory card or load from it when the camera is configured to either of the U1 - U3 settings. That's because the pertinent menu item is rendered inactive in that situation.
Mike,
Thank you for your assistance!!
Tom

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom