Z7 Automatic Exposure Bracketing not working

Hi, I'm having trouble with my exposure bracketing. I set it up to take 3 shots, at normal, +2 and -2.....but they all end up normal exposure. My other camera settings are Manual mode, spot metering, raw large, and Continuous Low burst. I tried matrix metering, pressing the shutter button for each of the 3 shots, and even jpeg. Nothing helped.
What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks for your help.

From Nikon's online manual:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of settings changes require pressing the OK button. Otherwise, the setting you make won't stick. Double check that that's not the cause of your problem.
Thanks Mike, I've been doing that with no success

From Nikon's online manual:

View attachment 1662584
Thanks Nick, I have been doing all of that, but with no luck. Pushing the OK button, and using manual iso settings. When I review my photos, they say +2 or -2, but the histogram doesn't change between the 3 shots and they all look like the same exposure.

Problem solved! Thanks Mike Buckley for letting me know that I need to have my camera in Aperture Mode for the AEB to work, and thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

When using bracketing is it necessary to press shutter button multiple times?
Hi Mike, I usually set my 3-5 shots up and have the camera in 2 second delay, I press the shutter and 2 seconds later it fires off the 5 shots automatically.

When using bracketing is it necessary to press shutter button multiple times?
If using a remote and high speed continuous you need to keep the shutter pressed for the duration. I have no idea why Nikon stick to this method, and not just press the shutter once and the sequence just happens. I had forgotten this when I did some HDR's a few weeks ago. At least the Z bodies show the progress on the right hand side of the screen.

EDIT: Here was my recent HDR effort
https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/autumn-colours.322209/

I have set up AE bracketing to one of the U settings on the mode dial. In this mode I have Fn2 button set to "Bracketing Burst", which will fire off all the bracketing frames with one press.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom