Z7 pics look darker in Lightroom

When it's practical to check your histogram after capturing an image, always do so. If needed, retake the photo using a better exposure. I believe you can check the histogram on your camera even before releasing the shutter, which is better yet.
Yes, that’s what I’m going to do, thanks a lot

I changed the EVF to -3, and tried last night for the same type of shooting, it works! I also put histogram on live.

Thank you very much for your help!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Those are the trials I did last night.
I change it from time to time, usually -1 for both.

To get back to the issue of using the histogram to achieve the desired exposure, both images at a glance appeared seriously underexposed to me when considered them in the context of traditional styles. Reviewing their histograms confirmed that. Both images have a very nice artistic quality to them, so it's possible that you prefer that underexposed look. Whatever the case is, make sure you are getting the look you want by design rather than by accident. Using the histogram at the time of capture and keeping an eye on it during post-processing is an important step toward achieving that goal.

All of my comments about the two images are based on viewing them using a calibrated monitor. Hopefully you're also using one; otherwise, the images might be appearing differently on your monitor than on mine.

Last edited:
To get back to the issue of using the histogram to achieve the desired exposure, both images at a glance appeared seriously underexposed to me when considered them in the context of traditional styles. Reviewing their histograms confirmed that. Both images have a very nice artistic quality to them, so it's possible that you prefer that underexposed look. Whatever the case is, make sure you are getting the look you want by design rather than by accident. Using the histogram at the time of capture and keeping an eye on it during post-processing is an important step toward achieving that goal.

All of my comments about the two images are based on viewing them using a calibrated monitor. Hopefully you're also using one; otherwise, the images might be appearing differently on your monitor than on mine.
Thank you!

My suggestion was that you use NX- D to open your nef files to troubleshoot your problem.

They should look identical to what you see on your camera monitor because the software is virtually the same as your camera. All of the in-camera settings contained in the NEF are recognised and applied without any input from you.

Once you have sorted out your problem go back to your normal raw converter.

DG

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom