Z7's card reader

I just bought a SONY XQD USB Adapter ($30). I was using the USB cable that came with the camera to download the picture to my Dell PC. But I needed to get a firmware update 2.00, so I got this adapter. Actually, I did buy a new cable that has USB-C connection on the PC side also, because my Dell has a USB-C socket in addition to the regular USB. I thought this is faster than the original cable that has a regular USB. Now I tried downloading my pictures by using this SONY XQD Adapter, I found the download speed to be 3-4 times faster than connecting the cable to the Z body.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I tried downloading my pictures by using this SONY XQD Adapter, I found the download speed to be 3-4 times faster than connecting the cable to the Z body.
That is my experience too. The adapter has circuitry inside it that maps the card to a PCI bus in the adapter making reads much faster, especially if you have the G series 440/400 cards and USB-C / USB3 on your computer. Not sure why the connecting the camera to the computer over USB-C is so much slower since the camera also has PCI bus mapping of the card (per XQD specifications).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom