ZBirds (13pics)

Real Name
Randy
from my new Z6
silent mode on the z6 is beyond amazing. 14bit raw at 8fps with no sound is like cheating. IQ from the z6 seems sharper than anything else. raw files require no PP sharpening. AF accuracy is like when you get a new lens. The z6 is very exciting to use and yes the EVF kicks ***. My Z50 test last year was a big mistake. The Z50 is no Z6, it's like comparing a D3200 to a D500
DSC_0127.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
D05_7344.jpg
D05_7341.jpg
D05_7326.jpg
D05_7277.jpg
D05_7256.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0045-Edit-Edit.jpg
DSC_0030-Edit-Edit.jpg
DSC_0018-Edit.jpg
DSC_0021-Edit-Edit.jpg
DSC_0037-Edit-Edit.jpg
DSC_0044_DxO-Edit-Edit.jpg

I do believe that you have the bug Randy. Great shots illustrating what the Z6 and 500 pf can do. When I first got it I was pleasantly surprised at the FPS in silent mode and the number of keepers. And...I quickly learned to appreciate the EVF. Now when I go back to one of my other cameras I miss that ability to see how making changes to f stop or ss or ev potentially changes the final image.

Very jealous of your backyard studio! Great set SOOC. Super sharp and great colors.

I will get the 200 to 500 mounted up or 300 with 1.4 today. I am stuck with grackles, house sparrows, robins, catbirds and couple of bluejays........

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Randy, these are spectacular shots. There's so much good to say about them. Colors are perfect, composition is perfect, IQ is stunning, and I'm particularly impressed how steady you and the camera are at 1/250sec at 500mm.
And ISO 3600 with minimal noise is also impressive.

Real Name
Randy
Very jealous of your backyard studio! Great set SOOC. Super sharp and great colors.

I will get the 200 to 500 mounted up or 300 with 1.4 today. I am stuck with grackles, house sparrows, robins, catbirds and couple of bluejays........
thanks
the 200 to 500 is good because it ends at 5.6, I can't give away anymore light so 5.6 is it for me. The oak tree canopy is heavy in my backyard but that means I can shoot almost anytime but I don't get a lot of direct sun light so ISO 1k is about the best I can hope for. I did switch to 1/250 HH and it was working well on the D5 and now with the 500pf having VR and the Z6 having IBIS I may try slower.

anything with color works for me so Bluejays and Robins work, speaking of robins, is this a robin (ny 1st in the syudio)

Attachments

• D05_7278.jpg
    D05_7278.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 64
Real Name
Randy
At least in your case, they should have named it the EZ6.
thanks Mike
my trick is to ignore everything except what I need to change and that's about the same from 1 Nikon body to another, so it's just the same manual with auto iso, the z6 does seem to do a better job with spot metering and a nicer expsure
I do believe that you have the bug Randy. Great shots illustrating what the Z6 and 500 pf can do. When I first got it I was pleasantly surprised at the FPS in silent mode and the number of keepers. And...I quickly learned to appreciate the EVF. Now when I go back to one of my other cameras I miss that ability to see how making changes to f stop or ss or ev potentially changes the final image.
thanks Bob
I don't know why but I thought there were a lot of issues with silent, like fps and blackouts and exposure on the 1st shot only, but at the end of the burst most shots were in tight focus at 1/250. I'm excited to go back out there latter

Sweet shots and the minimal noise on the last one is a very pleasant surprise at ISO 3600.

A few of them seem to be thinking "did I hear something?"
thanks
high iso has been a big surprise, blows away the D850, not the D5 though, it's still king by a full stop at least
lol

Real Name
Randy
Randy, these are spectacular shots. There's so much good to say about them. Colors are perfect, composition is perfect, IQ is stunning, and I'm particularly impressed how steady you and the camera are at 1/250sec at 500mm.
And ISO 3600 with minimal noise is also impressive.
thanks Glenn

this is the perfect combo for stealth wildlife shooting
I went to 1/250 2 weeks ago and the 500pf's VR did great on a D850, now with IBIS from the Z6 I might go slower

Reactions: McQ
Real Name
Randy
Sweet shots Randy, Glad to see that the Z6 is working well for ya. Love that last shot of the house finch.
thanks John
we have the red-ist house finches I've ever seen and they are very friendly

thanks John
we have the red-ist house finches I've ever seen and they are very friendly
Yeah those a bright and red, the ones I see around our feeders are much darker and probably more towards magenta, almost a darker rasberry color.

Very Nice Randy, if I may, I see some very nice shots BUT, from all your previous shots with your D5, the Z photos are just lacking the next step of the detail, nice but I guess it's making me a pixel peeper. if it is the lens combo or fine tune?? side by side I will take the D5.

Latest threads

Top Bottom