Zeiss 50mm/2 Makro planar

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Paul.r.lindqvist, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Recived it yesterday. Have just taken a few snaps with it. But so far im happy.

[​IMG]

The build quality is marvelous! MF was easier then i thought on my D2X, Still waiting for my Katz eye focus screen to improve it further.

Ill post some more "real" shots when iv gotten to know the lens a little more.

Here are two snaps, both wide open.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is one straight from the camera (apart from the top cropped a little)resized (best for reduction used) shot at F/4,5

[​IMG]

Closeups are coming as soon as it stopped raining. .-)

2. Looking forward to future posts, looks like a real winner so far, congrats!

3. Thanx

Yea im really pleased with it, so pleased that i sold my sigma 30mm/1,4 and gonna pickup Zeiss 35mm/2 next week.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Looks like a nice lens Paul. How does the it perform at near infinite focus.

5. Much enjoyed your excellent pix Paul. I have the lens and love its quality.

Really interested in how you get on with the Katz eye, as I am seriously considering it for my D200.

I wear glasses, use them to MF compose and then use the DG-2 magnifier , without them, for fine focus...wedding photographers don't even think of doing this as the bride and groom will be on their honeymoon before you snap :biggrin:...and would like something simpler. Sadly, I don't trust my skills to install the Katz eye or then uninstall it.

Looking forward to your close-ups

All the best

6. Hi Chris!

I havent tested it that much, but after i read your question i did a little comparison between my nikkor 50mm/1,8 D and the Zeiss at infinty.

And it seems to match the 50mm/1,8D quite well. A little diffrence in color (zeiss a little warmer) But sharpness is about the same.

Im quite pleased with the performance thus far.

7. Thanx!

Yes its a keeper for sure.

Will let you know how the Katz eye work out.

/Paul L.

8. nykonian

nykonian

May 4, 2007
    New York
    It looks a fabulous lens. Wish it does AF.

9. I really like your pictures!
    Only wish the Zeiss lenses would have AF, especially the 25/2.8 and the 35/2....

10. Thanx Falter.

Yea they probebly sell alot more if they where. But im quite content with MF.

Im planning on getting 3 of them, 50mm/2 (duh) and i just ordered the 35mm/2 (sold my sigma 30mm/1,4) and possible the 100mm/2 Makro planar (later)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's great. With the word 'Makro' in the name of the lens, I think of Nikon's 60 micro, which isn't made for long camera-subject distances at all. This 50 sounds like a wonderful lens (I'll bet it would fit nicely on my f5, eh?)

12. Yes the 60mm/2,8 Micro is known to be less then optimal for distant shooting. Eventhough i personally never experienced it, then again i never think i tried it lol.

It would be match made in heaven, belive me. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.