zigview EVF attachment

gho

http://www.intro2020.co.uk/pages/zigview.htm

Wow, this thing looks awsome. Does anyone know when it will be available in the States?

I'm definately gonna buy one, it absolutely kills me taking kid photos stooped over and on my knees, this is a perfect solution.

Prolly not for everyone though, as it uses it's own imager, any changes via shutter/apperture won't be reflected in the EVF. What do you'all think?

I took a look...

I think it might just be great. :>)))

Your Wedding had some tough backgrounds to shoot Gregory.

Job well done. !!!!!!!!!

K

Ken-L

You can buy one at this site for delivery in the US (and California). But I did not see the D70 listed specifically in the Compatibility Chart.

http://www.karlu.com/product_info.php?products_id=8764

zigview-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

zigview-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gho

Cool thanks for the info. Not available until June 30. Anywhere in the States that have it though? I'll prolly end up ordering it through that site.

Oh, this would be really cool for me. I photograph pets a lot and lying on my stomach in the street is not always fun.

Seems like you could use this with your camera at your waist, or over your head in a crowd, that would be fantastic.

I would love to see one in action first though, so please anyone who gets one report back here. $200 is no big deal for the convenience if it works as advertised.

This thing surely isn't going to show your focus brackets, so how do you suppose you focus with this thing at your waist or over your head, do you think you use dynamic focus or just remember which bracket was active and try to position the subject roughly where that sensor would be?

gho

It does show the focus brackets... I'll most likely order one as it would definately save my knees when shooting kids!

zigview

It may not be as high tech, but it will not break or need batteries, my waist level viewfinder which I first bought for my F5, which also fits my D2H, and I assume theD2X. It shows a corrected image, and does not cost anywhere near 200.00. I also wonder if the zigview would be any good outside, I can never see a d.. thing when chimping outside. CS Dayan

Your experience with it will be appreciated as a follow-up. I've keep telling myself that belly shots are good exercise and get up. Yeah, you know, the getting down isn't bad. It's the getting up that is depressing. Sixty will be next year and I'm just getting started with photography. That is depressing too.

gho

which finder? I'm interested. I need something where I can shoot waist level without having to peer through anything.

I'd assume the zigview's LCD is much like other LCDs in the sun - difficult to see, but I'm pretty used to it as all my digicams are pretty much the same. Prolly have trouble reading text, but should be good enough to frame a pic (hopefully).

gho

Depends on the images posted. The images posted above are quite large and the page expands to get the entire image.

Re: zigview

spanishbayonet said:
Guys and girls, is it my imagination or are the pages here getting wider. I am using my side to side arrow buttons to get all the text in. I guess I am getting dottie. CS Dayan
This is happening b/c of the 960 pixels wide pictures above :wink:

gho said:
Depends on the images posted. The images posted above are quite large and the page expands to get the entire image.

Wasn't 960 max width on the pixels about right to keep the margins in bounds?

Larry Gleason said:
gho said:

Larry,
It all depends on monitor resolution.

1280x1024, above pictures at 960 will stay "within" the borders
1152x864, will "come out"

Larry Gleason said:
gho said:

Aha, thanks!! Us old guys spare our eyes with less resolutions in spite of a 19" monitor. Wonder what those 21" ones are going for now days. Wife uses a 24" monitor at work and she's young.

Latest threads

Top Bottom