Zion - view 2 of Court of Patriarchs and Big Bend

View of the Court of the Patriarchs at Zion National Park, Utah - Abraham Peak (6890ft), Isaac Peak (6825ft), infront Mount Moroni (5690ft) and in the rear Jacob Peak (6831ft) Named for three towering figures of the Old Testament, these sandstone cliffs hold court over Birch Creek Canyon and this section of the Virgin River. In 1916 Frederick Vining Fisher, a Methodist minister, gave the religious names to the peaks. Note the cactus. Terrible overcaste = :mad: clouds....

547929222_FUrfU-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View from Big Bend in Zion National Park - looking up the Virginia River towards the Temple of Sinawava. Looking left to right: Scout Lookout, The Refrigerator (5500ft), Virgin River, Observation Point (6507ft).

533125750_KTNB7-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mark -

Two very nice images. The sky/rock boundary looks very sharp in the second image - is this PP?

Dave

Very nice shots. I have a friend that lives in Utah and keeps telling me to come out to visit so we can go to Zion Park to hike around and take photos.

Mark -

Two very nice images. The sky/rock boundary looks very sharp in the second image - is this PP?

Dave
Hello Dave, I toned the contrast and saturation down on many of these - Mark

Very nice shots. I have a friend that lives in Utah and keeps telling me to come out to visit so we can go to Zion Park to hike around and take photos.
Thank you - You need to take your friends advise and go visit them and take a few hikes....
you will love it..

Latest threads

Top Bottom