Zion's National Park

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greyflash, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Here are four views from Zion National Park, taken during a recent hike.

Looking out from a natural cave:

View from the trail:

My wife, kind of scary pose hmmm:

Mom and daughter:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow breath taking images of Zion Gordon.

Must be wonderful to see such a sight.

Nice snaps of the ladies.

Think someone mentioned...whooooaa get away from the edge :>)))))

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Gordon

Fabulous shots - what a place that looks!!!

Images really show the area off - great shots.

Nice shots of your wife and daughter - lovely ladies.

BUT.....and I've said it before - too close to the edge in that shot Gordon!

Very best wishes and thanks for sharing.

Ray

4. Great shots and yes, a bit scary.

5. Gaye, Ray, Phil,

Thanks for your comments. Zion is 45 minutes from my house so it is easy for me to visit. I appreciate your advise about having my wife move off the edge but I again maintain that it is not as scary as it looks. You could actually climb down the back side of the rock she is on it just looks like it is a sheer drop off. If you observe closely on the right side of the image you can see the top of a tree or shrub that is on the lower section.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  6. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Wonderful images of Zions and two lovely ladies. But, your excuse regarding the scary bit doesn't work on me :smile: . If the tree top on the right is of a small tree of only 15 feet, it's still pretty scary.

Anyway, I envy you to live next to such a beautiful site. The only mountains I see nearby are the two garbage dumps on the way to Tel Aviv. (Well, there is a little more to see here, to be honest.)

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Gordon, I forgot to ask. The red above the mountain rim in the first picture, is that the sky? It looks so dark compared to the valley. I wonder where all the light comes from.

8. Gordon great pictures. If i was living as close as you are from that place, i would go there once a week.

9. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Gordon,45 min from Zion Park ?? Wow ! Id only be home to eat,sleep and edit photos. Ive always wanted to go there.I have this image of people hiking thru the Virgin river canyon imprinted in my mind forever.Like Yellowstone I could never tire of it!

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots from one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. So colourful. I think I have hundreds of slides from there. Nice shots of your beautiful family too.

11. Heiko

It is hard to determine but this is the top of the cave. The light at beginning of the cave is reflected off of nearby red rocks. Thanks for your comments.

12. Well Gilles, if you did that how would you find time to see all the other beautiful places. As an example Snow Canyon is just 15 minutes, The White Cathederal 17 minutes, Pine Valley 30 minutes, Las Vegas 90 minutes, Cedar Breaks, 90 minutes, not to mention Escalante Staircase, Bryce, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Etc, Etc. Yikes I have got to get out there.

Thanks for your comments.

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    So pretty, Gordon

I've only been to Zions once, and it was raining so hard that we couldn't get off the tour bus. I've got to come back for a visit again. Maybe next spring....

Your photos make me want to return. Do you like Bryce as well? I've never been there.

By the way--not sure if you've posted it here in the cafe, but your self portrait in Zions is very nice. I have you a one of my favorites in pbase and always check out your new photos.

14. Pete and Torben,

Thanks so much for your comments. It is a beautiful place and I am lucky to live so close. With my Golden Eagle pass it is free for me to visit. I knew there must be some advantage to being over 65 (actually 71).

15. Wow Terri I am pleased that you consider me one of your favorites. I too enjoy your images and since we both live in the west we have seen many of the same places. It was fun for me to share in the wedding of your daughter recently with your images. Thanks for your very nice comments.

16. Great scapes what a beautiful part of the country...one critisim though.. you might wnat to change the caption..."My wife kind of scary" she might not liek that.:Shocked:

17. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very nice shots Gordon. Number 1 is a very nice composition, not a typical Zion shot. Awesome to get a unique look at something so oft photographed!

How do you like St. George? It seems there is no middle ground from retirees that move there. They either love it or hate it. It sure is a pretty place!

18. I got a good laugh out of your comment Mike and your right I had better change it.:eek: :biggrin:

19. I love St. George Randy and by the way it is growing, so do a lot of other people. Thanks for your comments.

20. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Gordon,
    Great shots, I haven't been at any place like that yet, you are lucky to live close to such beautiful place