ZOO: Rosmond Gifford Zoo

Rented a Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro lens over the weekend and took it on a field trip to the zoo. Photos taken with a D700 and using a monopod for added support.

1. Clown Fish
1215016362_zDmPC-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Pumpkinseed Sunfish
1215121802_5X2Th-L.jpg

3. Prehensile-tailed Skink
1215017379_LaMm9-L.jpg

4. Mojave Black-collared Lizard
1215123942_mLjdK-L.jpg

5. Ocelot
1215018713_dyyV7-L.jpg

6. Ring-tailed Lemur
1215126840_nj9Vg-L.jpg

#3 was worth the price of rental... very nice.
The ocelot is cool, but the purple is distracting. I'm assuming that was the zoo's fault?

Don

#3 was worth the price of rental... very nice.
The ocelot is cool, but the purple is distracting. I'm assuming that was the zoo's fault?

Don

They used a lot of mixed lighting with a lot of red hues. I adjusted the white balance which got rid of the red cast but left green and purple hues. I tried to adjust them out but that left the cat's coloring very dull.

Very nice Scott ....
yeh to anyone who does'nt know the ocelot is very tough to get ... the display is quite dark and he needs to be on this branch to really have any chance at a decent picture .... well done ...

Have been hankering to get to the Syracuse Zoo for a couple months now and just have'nt been able to get there --- looks like decent weather this weekend so I'm hoping to be able to go ....

I've also found Lensrental.com to be a very good company to work with ...

ron

Very nice Scott ....
yeh to anyone who does'nt know the ocelot is very tough to get ... the display is quite dark and he needs to be on this branch to really have any chance at a decent picture .... well done ...

Have been hankering to get to the Syracuse Zoo for a couple months now and just have'nt been able to get there --- looks like decent weather this weekend so I'm hoping to be able to go ....

I've also found Lensrental.com to be a very good company to work with ...

ron

The lighting was horrible for photography. Good for ocelots. :smile:

Drop me a PM if you decide to go, Ron.

Amazing shots, at such high ISO too. The Ocelot looks superb. I like all the shots very much. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. The D700's ISO capabilities are becoming legendary. I capped it at 3200 because I was using a monopod. I have had photos with 10K ISO look very clean.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom