1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Zurich

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by haze2, Sep 26, 2008.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
  2. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Those are some beautiful shots, well done!

3. h2oman

h2oman

Aug 17, 2006
    Quebec City
    I really like those ultra wide angle... Nice shots, I like the first one the best. Colors are nicely saturated...

4. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks, I like the first one best as well. I saw the shot on a brochure and asked the hotel concierge where it was taken. I had very little time to shoot, but you can never go wrong with the water.

5. Great photos.

6. Hmmm, these are very very nice, super sharp. I shoot a D300 and have been looking to replace my Sigma 10-20mm but ruled this lens (12-24) out as I wanted something FX capable for the future. You've really made me think showing me these shots that perhaps I stick with DX for the time being...

Thanks for sharing.

Anthony

7. Nice colors and composition on the 1st.

I also own the Nikkor 12-24 and enjoy it.

8. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Anthony, I love this lens. I carry the Nikon 28-70 and a long lens in my bag but the 12-24 gets most of the action when I travel. I'm always amazed by the quality and versatility of this lens. Here are two indoor shots taken in my hotel in Zürich.

Both images are looking into a wall of mirrors. The last two vertical pillars in each picture are actually reflections. Look carefully and you can see the square panels of the glass wall. (Much easier to see on the first image.) Available light with camera resting on rail.

View attachment 257579

9. Very nice Haze. Bring back a lot of good memories for me !!
    Did you take the boat up the Zurichsee to Rapperswil?? How about eating in the Cafe by the lake and river?
    And the 12-24 is a stunning lens, with blue skies it comes into a world of its own with colour that is so rich.
    Thanks so much for your post

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Beautiful series of images. That 12-24 is magic in your hands :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.