A couple more from my day off...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backdoctor, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Couple more from Bear Point. Let me know what you think. Mike, Jim, Popeye and Bob, warming the place up for you...

original.
    this guy below was wayyy out there.
    original.

2. Nice shots, Harris

Talk about the decisive moment swallowing that fish! Well done...how does that bird get that fish down it's narrow throat ? In one gulp ?

3. Re: Nice shots, Harris

Peter,

He was playing around with the fish and finally put it up like that and in about less than a minute...GULP!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I think that you are a very cruel person.... :cry: :lol:

Frank

5. My first thought on that Cormorant was "who is eating whom?".

Couldn't you get a little closer so we could see it better? And get a whole sequence so you could make it like Uncle Frank's animated hummer sequence? Then make it your Avatar and drive us even crazier :lol: .

Neatly done, Harris, truly captures a "decisive moment", for sure for the mullet.......

Here is a funny mullet story for you. I name all my machines after fish, like Ono/Wahoo/Flounder. So I was going to name a machine at work Mullet and one of my co-workers said "Why would you name a machine after a hair style that is no longer in fashion?". I was, to say the least, puzzled. I guess when you are old and bald hair styles just don't mean much anymore, not that they ever did before. Just goes to show you learn something new everyday.

7. Just trying to keep you perked up for this Frank, just trying to help a friend. 8)

8. Harris

More drool material my god look at the size of that fish, and a great picture of my little buddy keep them coming my friend

9. Mike,

These guys and more are just waiting for you.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Mullets are no longer in fashion? Damn.

11. here's a guy or gal I spooked out of a tree, unknowingly. I was able to get the camera up and fire this one off

original.

12. Gee Haris, it looks like you live in the middle of a bird sanctuary. You just keep serving up one after the other. Amazing.

13. Hi Harris:

Two more, no make that three more great shots.

Seeing the Cormorant with the fish explains what happens in a Pelican's pouch when you he is working the fish around before swallowing, but all you can see is the pouch jumping around.

We can hardly wait...
    Bob & Nan

14. The cormorant would have been a better shot if there was a 500f4/1.4x combo on. It was pretty far away.

15. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Harris.....

Thannks for keepint it warm

Just don't scare the damn things away!!!!!

:)

jf

16. So Jim lookign forward to meetign you down in FLA, any big plans for thsi superbowl weekend??
    Go E-A-G-L-E-S

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just don't scare the damn things away!!!!!

:)

jf[/quote]

He scared one off to the third story building where I work. Thanks harris.

See JF one came to see me.
    Best I could do for today on a 10 minute break.

Cheers
    Gale

18. He scared one off to the third story building where I work. Thanks harris.

See JF one came to see me.
    Best I could do for today on a 10 minute break.

Cheers
    Gale[/quote]

Gale, you are doing great! That has to be with that new bazooka of yours. Great capture.